Some beta remarkt (and suggestions)

post here topics for the iOS app only

Some beta remarkt (and suggestions)

Postby niesten » 04 May 2011, 12:19

Hi support,

Great job to make it possible to access Sweetlight via a mobile device !! (until now I use some virtual desktop applications for my PDA, but that didn"t work very smooth)

1) I got it working on my iPhone 4 after searching the forum part for smartphones. There was described that this functionality is only available in 6.27 beta. I think it would be a good idea to pu this in the ios setup topic! ;)

2) The color of the buttons is not always correct. Pure red buttons are red on the iPhone, but other colors (I tested blue, green, yellow, orange) are just grey... :(

3) Flash buttons on Live are "normal" buttons on my iPhone. I assume this is a bug? Or is it just not possible and are all buttons on the iPhone "normal" buttons.

4) Maybe security could have a bit higher priority. :idea: I don't know how Live reacts when multiple iPhones are trying to connect, but if someone knows the IP of the sweetlight pc, every iPhone (or smartpone) owner would be able to operate my lightshow :? :( :o :shock: I think a password (or MAC address filtering) would be fine to reduce that risk and wouldn't be too dificult to implement.

I will continue testing the upcoming weeks and probably give some further feedback if you want.

Regards,
Roger
niesten

Re: Some beta remarkt (and suggestions)

Postby support » 04 May 2011, 17:44

Thank you for your feedback.

1) We were supposed to release a new software version (not beta) sooner. We got some extra delay because of another bug of another new feature. It will come very shortly now. Sorry for the delay.

2) For the button color problem, there is a fix in the ZIP file, in beta folder.

3) This first version of Live_Mobile is not able to manage flash buttons. Next version should be able to do it.

4) We add "password (or MAC address filtering)" in the TODO list.

Further feedback will be welcome.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby djjoeeb » 10 May 2011, 14:36

For the button color problem, there is a fix in the ZIP file, in beta folder.

I'm sorry, I cannot find this folder. Can you please provide a link?

Thank you!

Just installed the app & using it with a laptop, hotspot & my Iphone. Works well, except for the button color issue.

Cheers,

Joe
djjoeeb

Postby tomrbland » 10 May 2011, 15:27

tomrbland

Postby djjoeeb » 10 May 2011, 21:00

Thank you!

Cheers,

Joe
JBS Entertainment
djjoeeb

Postby djjoeeb » 30 May 2011, 13:12

***UPDATE***

I went to the zip file & only seeing a TXT message - it saying "No files means no available beta version". NO other files.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
djjoeeb

Postby support » 30 May 2011, 14:07

Means that the normal version is most recent version.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to iOS (iPhone, iPad)