Next major software version - Timeline - your wishes

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Next major software version - Timeline - your wishes

Postby support » 19 July 2021, 10:15

We are presently working on the section TimeLine of the next big major software version.
Please tell us what you are missing in the current TimeLine, or what you would like to be improved.

The things we know already:
- better accuracy for sound and light synchronization
- show waveform of MP3 files

Please note that we are more interested with your remarks about the user experience. For instance, in the next version of the software, the fade in/out options will be additional blocks before/behind the scene block. We think this is better like this.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Next major software version - Timeline - your wishes

Postby Aymerik » 19 July 2021, 20:04

Hello.

- having wave form for mp4 video files too (as usefull as on wav or mp3 files)
- be able to launch a file "timeline" (sound and video medias + lights scenes...) from LIVE/page/one bouton. Usefull for a party or a show, to mix timelines "on demand" in an order that can be adapted to the feeling/mood
- zooming should be focused on the green cursor (where i am actualy working) and not away in the timeline
- when copying / paste a scene, the past action put the new copy of the scene anywhere. Having to look after, before or after, to find it. Almost all the time at a wrong place. The past could ut the copy where the green cursor is placed.
- having a ctrl+Z to undo the last action (ex: having added a scene...)
- grouping (open and close) many lines. In order, for exemple, to have a "wash group" and when opened, having 5 lines. One for colors, one for dimmer, one for tilt.... It will help us to have the "big picture" on a screen, and open/close groups.
- setting a color to a group or each line. The same goal : help us to be more efficient when we work on the interface.
- be able to change order of the lines from the top to the bottom. When i add a new line, it will be placed on the bottom. But if it should sticks to other lines places on the middle or top of screen, i can't to it today.
- be able to pre record (when setuping my show) the specific and ponctual flashs (ex: strob lights) by taping on the keyboard of my computer, when earing the song. It would help me create scene (focused on drums for ex) in an easy way.
- having on/off display mode button, and/or dimmer/speed buttons aligned at the left of each line (in option) as for music softwares, in order to change quickly settings for the entire line. When i want to adapt to the room power/dimmer...
Aymerik

Postby LightningFM » 20 July 2021, 09:48

Hello, thanks for taking the user's community opinions into consideration for the new software releases.

- when displaying a step scene in the timeline, display (for example via faded bars) the position of its steps.
It might be not necessary to display the bars all the time, but at least while moving the scene, in order to simplify the alignment of its steps with the soundtrack or other scenes.

- link multiple scenes. Being able to drag (or modify) multiple scenes as a single element while are linked.

- have a more fluid zoom slider, as the current one feels to "snaps" between pre-set levels. In contrast with Aymerik suggestion, I would prefer the zoom to be focused on the Red (not green) marker. I tend to place the red marker at the beginning of the section I'm working on (importing/moving scenes etc), the zoom should help get a clearer picture of that area first.

+1 for the "record" function
+1 for waveform on any file
+1 for the "Undo" button
LightningFM

Postby Aymerik » 20 July 2021, 16:51

+1 for displaying a step scene in the timeline with adjustables positions of its steps
+1 for linking multiple scenes. Being able to drag (or modify) multiple scenes as a single element while are linked.
Aymerik

Postby support » 21 July 2021, 10:54

Thank you these reports.

Just one remark regarding the red/green markers. We are presently studying this:
- to have only one marker (instead of two)
- a mouse click in the "time" bar moves the marker on the clicked time (no need to drag and drop the marker)
- a button "Play from marker" or a "space bar" press plays the timeline from the marker
Please let us know if you see problems with that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby ConnifBoudoin » 21 July 2021, 14:06

I want to be able to use Macros on the timelines. I use Macros for all my shows which include stacks of scenes to do colors and shapes and movements. I want to be able to assign those Macros on the timelines. If I build 10 Macros for a song, I want to be able to switch to those Macros on the timeline as the song plays..
Thanks
Connif
ConnifBoudoin

Postby Luc Henrion » 21 July 2021, 14:31

- a mouse click in the "time" bar moves the marker on the clicked time (no need to drag and drop the marker)
- a button "Play from marker" or a "space bar" press plays the timeline from the marker
+1 for both
Luc Henrion

Postby Aymerik » 21 July 2021, 20:38

+1 a mouse click in the "time" bar moves the marker on the clicked time (no need to drag and drop the marker)
+1 a button "Play from marker" or a "space bar" press plays the timeline from the marker

exactly as audio or video multi tracks softwares
GREAT !
Aymerik

Postby LightningFM » 22 July 2021, 09:22

+1 for the marker update
+1 for Macro! Very helpful and helps with transition in/out of timelines too
Will it be still possible to freeze the "play bar" and then let it resume frome there, without going back to the marker? (maybe have a different button/action for "pause" and "stop - go back to the marker")
LightningFM

Postby support » 22 July 2021, 16:07

Well noted for the marker update ; nice to know you like this.
Yes, the buttons "play from marker", "play/pause" and "stop" will be there.
Macro's needed noted as well ; this should be possible.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to Live - TimeLine