request - BPM from Serato

live control with midi devices

request - BPM from Serato

Postby partysceneteam » 19 February 2019, 15:30

Hello Guys!

I have been using ShowXpress 512 for 10 years. I am now looking to use my DJ software's BPM to control my lighting. I will still trigger via APC mini, but I want the BPM sent from Serato Software to ShowXpress. Has anyone had any success with this? Is this Midi Clock to Beat? I basically want to copy SOUNDSWITCH, but I have invested in Showxpress already. Is this possible? I know Serato has Ableton Link. Thanks - Geoff
partysceneteam

Re: Midi Clock to Beat Help!

Postby support » 19 February 2019, 18:53

FYI, we asked to Serato (via their web contact page) if we could do a similar project than we did with Virtual DJ, but the people from Serato unfortunately did not answered.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby livetechproductions » 19 February 2019, 21:20

For 'Midi Clock to Beat' you need a Midi Clock signal on the selected device. I did this with Logic Pro X and worked very well.
As far as I can read on the Serato forum the software is unable to sent out Midi Clock (although a lot of people are requesting this). So that's a dead end I guess.
livetechproductions

Postby seantosz » 17 April 2019, 15:57

I second this! especially now that auto bpm is gone in the newest V8. Serato really has something up their a** with Midi beat clock output. Seemingly reserved for soundSwitch
seantosz

Re: request - BPM from Serato

Postby support » 17 April 2019, 20:49

We encourage you to post your request for "Serato BPM to our software" in the Serato forum.
After a certain number of "+1" posts, they may consider your request.
In our side, we are fully open for that project.

"Auto BPM" is still there (on Windows). You have to press the "microphone" button in the toolbar to enable it.
And you can open the "Audio spectrum" window from the main menu.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Midi