Propresenter6 & midi module

live control with midi devices

Propresenter6 & midi module

Postby Lumpdog450 » 06 February 2019, 14:02

I work at a church and we use Propresenter6 by Renewed Vision for our production. They offer a midi module that allows the program to fire midi cues to Propresenter in order to cue different light scenes. It works off the IAC bus and I can configure it to work but then my APC mini will not function. It’s either one way or the other. The problem is my APC fades my front lighting and with the module activated, it will not.
I want to be able to control with APC and fire the lighting cues through Propresenter.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Lumpdog450

Re: Propresenter6 & midi module

Postby SeekLighting » 07 February 2019, 01:45

Hey mate

This forum is really only to talk about The Lighting Controller series of products (ShowXpress, Sweetlight, QuickDMX). I don't know how much help we can give you for issues related to ProPresenter
SeekLighting

Postby support » 07 February 2019, 08:48

If, when you switch on the PC and you run only our software, the APC Mini works with our software, and then when the other software is on, the APC Mini stops working with our software, yes we are afraid this is beyond our control.
In that case, we suggest you to check the midi settings in the other software.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Lumpdog450 » 08 February 2019, 01:24

With ShowXpress and APC, its fine.
Then with ProPresenter and midi control through ProPresenter it works
But when I try setting up two midi devices in ShowXpress, it always gives the the X on the APC which in turn means the APC doesn't work
Lumpdog450

Postby support » 08 February 2019, 08:28

Our software works like this:
- it asks to the Operating System the list of the available Midi devices
- when the Midi device is available, you are able to select it in the list ; then our software remembers your choice
- next time you run our software, it asks to the OS for connection with the Midi device
- if the Midi device is not available, the OS rejects the connection, and then you see the "X" in front of the name of the Midi device

We see two reasons:
1. the Midi device is not connected
2. another software blocks the Midi device for itself
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Lumpdog450 » 08 February 2019, 17:14

Ok, thank you. I will look into some more and see if I can make it work. Thank you!
Lumpdog450

Return to Midi