Buttons Transitions

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Buttons Transitions

Postby jeremystiffler » 02 December 2018, 06:04

Hi, I'm running a production with ShowxPress 512 and am having a transition issue that I can't seem to resolve. I've searched online everywhere but there doesn't seem to be any specific answer. I'm new to ShowXpress, which may be part of the problem. :)

Here's the issue:

I have setup a solo narrator spot using STEPS...I've created a button for said solo narrator spot so that when the button is pressed the solo narrator spot lights the narrator. I do not have a specific timeframe for when the narrator will be finished with narration. So, I have another button for a timeline I've created that starts with the same solo narrator spot STEP and also contains multiple cues that lights a choir, soloists, etc.

When I press the solo narrator spot it lights up the narrator perfectly, however, when I press the timeline button that should KEEP the narrator spot, it cuts the light out for a split second then transitions back in to the narrator spot.

I need to be able to start the timeline and CONTINUE to light the narrator without a break in lighting.

Any help on how I can accomplish this??

Thanks,
Jeremy
jeremystiffler

Re: Buttons Transitions

Postby JohnRichards » 02 December 2018, 07:14

Not quite exactly what you are doing, but what I do is :
Create a timeline that will start with the narrator spot and after a few seconds insert a "pause", then add the rest of the timeline scenes and the transition will be smooth.
John
JohnRichards

Postby jeremystiffler » 02 December 2018, 11:56

John, thanks for the reply!

I've tried that as well and it still has the strange transition that happens, even if it is the same STEPS scene. I've also tried layering the steps scene in a timeline but it still has some lighting intensity shift to it.

Not sure what else to try. I'm coming from using myDMX from ADJ from the past six years and this is a no-brainer in that software. I may have to go back to it if I can't figure this out.

Thanks for your help!
jeremystiffler

Postby Earl Harvey » 02 December 2018, 12:40

Why don't you just add/use a Macro button to include all the cues including the Narrator Step scene?
Earl Harvey

Postby JohnRichards » 02 December 2018, 14:51

@Jeremy
If you have tried my suggestion and the transition is not smooth there are other conflicts in your scenes.
You can attach your lightshow and I will look at it, as I am sure other users on forum will also.
John
JohnRichards

Postby jeremystiffler » 03 December 2018, 03:06

Thanks John!

How do I attach the light show? Is it a single file?

Also, I’ve moved forward with just using the timeline as I don’t think I’m going to be able to figure out going from a scene button to a timeline button is going to work.

The issue I’ve been working on is related to the moving head rogues r1 lights. I just can’t figure out how the software controls them. I use them for the narrator spot light but they move when I click any other button....including the exact same scene cue. For example, the start in a test position and have to be moved in to place the light dimmer increased to turn them on. I’ve tried creating a blackout with the lights already in position but when I click the narrator spot scene they go all crazy then slowly align again. Just can’t fogure out what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks for all the help on here!!
jeremystiffler

Postby jeremystiffler » 03 December 2018, 04:10

Here are all my files to look at. The issue is with the first timeline.

https://manowarchurch-my.sharepoint.com ... g?e=MPPbU8
jeremystiffler

Postby JohnRichards » 03 December 2018, 06:13

Hi Jeremy,
Without deep testing, your problem is fairly simple.
When you create a scene, say for the narrator spot, make sure that the active channels are only for the spot.
In other words, for the spot I would create one scene for the dimmer, one scene for the colour and so on.
I would suggest that you look at all the tutorials to get a grasp of this.
John
JohnRichards

Postby jeremystiffler » 12 December 2018, 15:21

Thank you all for your help. I've figured out the solution to this. John, you were right, it seems that I needed to make a blackout in the scene that then transitioned to the lights being on.

So, this leads me to another questions. I've not completely wrapped my mind around how transitions work in this software. I have found several ways to do them and they don't all work well together and they don't seem to work consistently.

For example:

I have a scene that uses the Rogue R1 moving head spots. I need them to be in position prior to the lights coming on. SO, in the fixture settings I have them set to quickly move (not transition) for the X and Y channels. THEN, in the scene I've created in steps, I have a blackout for 2 seconds of the spot with the fixed position, THEN I have the lights come on. This isn't ideal but it gets the job done. NOW, if I go to the steps scene I created in my live tab I have the options of fade in and fade out of that scene. If I choose to fade in it jacks with the scene and causes some weirdness and delays.

So, all of this to say, can someone give me an overview of how the transitions work and for different scenarios? I'm really struggling to see the connections and bring all my lights under my control. Right now it's a hunt and peck game until something works and I've not fully understood why.

Thanks all!
jeremystiffler

Postby jeremystiffler » 12 December 2018, 15:23

OH, and one other thing....If I have a scene set for say 10 seconds of a spot light and placed that scene in the timeline but set it to loop, if I set a pause button on that cue and it is close to the end of that 10 second loop then it will fade the cue and sometimes bring the cue back and sometimes not. Any ideas on what is going on. It seems that I can change it to 20 seconds and the problems seems to go away. Is this a bug?
jeremystiffler

Next

Return to Live - TimeLine