V9 Beta - Live Page Menus

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

V9 Beta - Live Page Menus

Postby Pink LD » 21 August 2018, 15:58

v9.05beta5 - 180815 - 64Bits
(Please note I am not using the latest Fix File posted, it crashed the software and it wouldn't open. So I rolled back.)

When I open a Live Page Menu it does not respond as I would expect. As we know I have over 100 Live Pages. My Playback/Busking section, my programming section, and my fixtures pallettes of features I can call with Macros
1. The Menu opens from the top, not from where I am. During a show I navigate from whatever window I am not using that is closest to the next page I need.

2. Navigation of the menu does not respond to the roller on my mouse. I can only navigate by clicking the arrows on the Menu.

3. However using the keyboard to get to, or close to, the page I want works fine. And once the key is struck and the first page with that letter comes into focus, the keyboard is released from the menu and I can resume using keyboard shortcuts for assigned Live Buttons.

4. The arrow buttons on my keyboard work but I use Windows Filter Keys so that keys only strike once. This is because when I am using an N-Key rollover keyboard I can press multiple keys, and flash buttons latch on until released. If I didn't use Filter Keys keys held down would repeatedly engage Live Buttons assigned. I have also noted that the arrow button do roll from bottom of Menu back to top, and vice versa which is nice.
Pink LD

Re: V9 Beta - Live Page Menus

Postby support » 23 August 2018, 14:27

Noted.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 05 September 2018, 17:32

There is a new fix.

1. we are presently using an OS gadget to show the list, and this gadget does unfortunately not allow to select a line.
We note in our ToDo list: "make our own drop down list for this gadget". This is not easy, so it may take some time.
In the meantime the icon at the left part of the selected line is now checked. This is not what you exactely need, but this should help to recover the line.

2. done.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 13 September 2018, 22:15

I have the latest 7 Beta. And my mouse scroller does not do anything on Live Pages menu.
Pink LD

Postby support » 28 September 2018, 16:44

When you click to open the popup menu to show all page names, it is not possible to scroll this menu via the mouse wheel. You have either to click on the up/down arrows, or to use the up/down arrow keyboard keys.
We have noted we have to improve that, in our ToDo list. But this will take time because we have to redo a new gadget from scratch.

However, the wheel works when the mouse cursor is over the name of the page (without clicking on it).
This is not exactely what you asked for, but this may help in the meantime.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons