Duplicate fixture with same programming

declare your lighting equipment

Duplicate fixture with same programming

Postby mrchacha100 » 01 August 2018, 18:35

Ok. Had a good look around the forum and would very much like a help with this one. I've started using software as the new theatre we moved uses this for show control. We have created many scenes and shows now but now we need to update some lighting equipment. In nearly all other software there are facilities to repatch dmx info to another channel but I cannot see any mention here in this software. All I want to do is take all the DMX output from channel 1 and patch to say 200. Nothing clever or complicated. Does this software have this feature? Surely this is the easiest way to patch in new lights without messing up or reprogramming shows with fixtures with different DMX profiles? Thanks for any help!
mrchacha100

Re: DMX channel patching

Postby support » 02 August 2018, 07:29

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: DMX channel patching [fixed]

Postby mrchacha100 » 08 August 2018, 20:23

Thanks for the info. Is there away to clone a fixture to keeps its programming and save it as a separate fixture so that the fixture profile can be edited for a new dmx configuration or new light? As far as I understand, duplicate fixture only creates a new fixture without programming. Thanks again for your help..
mrchacha100

Postby support » 09 August 2018, 21:03

Sorry but this is not possible.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SeekLighting » 09 August 2018, 23:55

mrchacha100 wrote:Thanks for the info. Is there away to clone a fixture to keeps its programming and save it as a separate fixture so that the fixture profile can be edited for a new dmx configuration or new light? As far as I understand, duplicate fixture only creates a new fixture without programming. Thanks again for your help..

You can do a work around for this by Exporting your fixture, renaming the exported file, then re-importing it to edit for the new fixture.

1) Right click fixture, press "edit fixture"
2) Click "Export"
3) Name fixture something different and save
4) Right click blank space in universe, click "add fixture"
5) Click "import fixture"
6) Navigate to exported fixture, select and press ok
7) Add fixture to universe
8) Right click fixture and press "edit fixture", then you can edit away, leaving the original fixture you had programmed exactly as is.
SeekLighting

Postby mrchacha100 » 10 August 2018, 01:20

Thanks for the replies. This workaround, this will keep any programming attached to the fixture?
mrchacha100

Postby SeekLighting » 10 August 2018, 01:56

mrchacha100 wrote:Thanks for the replies. This workaround, this will keep any programming attached to the fixture?

Attached to the original fixture, yes of course
SeekLighting

Postby support » 10 August 2018, 06:56

Sorry we misunderstood your question. We thought you would like to duplicate a fixture and keep the same program (of all scenes) for the new fixture.

So to duplicate a fixture with no program on it, you can:
- if the duplicated fixture must be same as the original one, right click over the fixture and select the function "Duplicate fixture"
- if you want to make some channes/levels changes in the duplicated fixture, the solution proposed by TimH is fine for you
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mrchacha100 » 10 August 2018, 10:51

Thanks again for the replies. No, support is correct. I want to have a duplicate fixture made with the same attached programming so that I can then change the duplicate fixture file DMX profile to make it work with a different light fixture. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. It looks like there isn’t a way without adding a brand new fixture and reprogramming all the shows.
mrchacha100

Postby support » 10 August 2018, 21:00

Yes, this is unfortunately not possible to do that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to Editor - Fixtures