Sequential List crashes

stack scenes and play them with a "GO" button

Re: Sequential List crashes

Postby rockinmo816 » 23 July 2018, 17:38

I agree its strange that we can reproduce but you cannot. It happens at least once everytime we use the software. I haven't seen a crash personally in a very long time, but we NEVER used the sequential list before. I have a feeling it is something very specific to the sequential list.

Also, we were using universe 3, as 1 and 2 had different fixtures in them.

I also created a brand new show, added fixtures, created new scenes, etc. So I wasn't using anything from an old show.

If you can tell me what you need (debug) i will grab it. I can reproduce it easy.
rockinmo816

Postby rockinmo816 » 23 July 2018, 18:49

Just talked to my lighting guy, and he has a way to always crash the software.

Open .28 version, load a sequential list, run through it using space bar.
Then open fixture editor, double click on the fixture to edit the fixture attributes, make a change here (turn 3d viewer on/off). This should make it crash.

Again, if there is any other debug info I can open/turn on for you let me know and I will get it.
rockinmo816

Postby support » 23 July 2018, 21:17

We are still not able to reproduce it.

Please send the lightshow, and if possible a video showing what to do step by step.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby rockinmo816 » 24 July 2018, 00:10

I ran through a few tests. Sometimes the crash happened in under a minute, other times it took a few minutes. The same pattern of commands did NOT cause the crash.

Here is a video of the crash, the OSX crash report, and the light show.

http://cbproductionskc.com/ShowXpress_s ... _crash.zip
all files are included here.
-josh
rockinmo816

Postby support » 24 July 2018, 21:27

Thank you for all your efforts to help us to reproduce this crash.
We did all like you, and unfortunately it works well here.
https://youtu.be/wP7TUFOz8BE
We keep searching.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby rockinmo816 » 24 July 2018, 23:07

Is there any details you can gather from the log/error file that points to a trigger? I spent another hour after i posted last night researching and testing different theories. Nothing added up. This does not happen unless we use sequential. Is there another call somewhere for sequential that isn’t used elsewhere?
rockinmo816

Postby rockinmo816 » 30 July 2018, 16:46

Any luck on getting it to crash for you?
To confirm, the environment you're using is on the latest version of OSX with all updates/patches?
Has anyone had this issue with Windows? We only use OSX so I can only speak to that.

On a side note, we used the same software version this past weekend and did NOT use sequential and the software did not crash. This is something very specific to sequential.

Thanks
Josh
rockinmo816

Postby SeekLighting » 30 July 2018, 21:41

rockinmo816 wrote:Any luck on getting it to crash for you?
To confirm, the environment you're using is on the latest version of OSX with all updates/patches?
Has anyone had this issue with Windows? We only use OSX so I can only speak to that.

On a side note, we used the same software version this past weekend and did NOT use sequential and the software did not crash. This is something very specific to sequential.

Thanks
Josh

Myself and my students have been using V9 with sequential list very frequently, no crashes. All on Windows though
SeekLighting

Postby support » 02 August 2018, 09:42

We made a special version of our software, which will display an extra window with important details for us, when the crash happen.
It is available here: http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... _Debug.zip

Could you please try to reproduce the crash with this software version, and send us a screenshot of this window ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby rockinmo816 » 07 September 2018, 19:03

We tried reproducing, no luck. Maybe it was an OSX update that broke/fixed it? I will try again with the debug software and see if we can make it crash. My lighting guy told me it happened mostly when DMX dongle was connected via USB. I don't remember that being a factor, but will test this too.

Thanks
Josh
rockinmo816

Previous

Return to Live - Sequential List