Offset Moving Head Start Position

post here other topics

Offset Moving Head Start Position

Postby TheLizardMonkey » 11 March 2018, 18:32

Hi, First time posting and don't know if this is in the right section but does anyone know how to offset the start position of a moving head in Sweetlight on Windows.

I have recently purchased eight Equinox Fusion Spot Max MKII and the problem is they are mounted at the back of our room on the wall. Therefore I cant go left because that's as far as they go and the only way to go left is to go all the way around 360 degrees but as you can imagine, doing that in the middle of a live light show isn't ideal. That would be fine to do at the beginning of the night but not everytime I want to use them.

My question is, is it possible to offset the start position of the moving head so it sets that 0 then becomes actual slider value 120 so its already gone round when you want to go left

Thank you for any help. Much appreciated

Dawson
TheLizardMonkey

Re: Offset Moving Head Start Position

Postby support » 11 March 2018, 22:14

We suggest you to create in Live one button with a one step scene, and leave always this button on.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SeekLighting » 12 March 2018, 00:44

+1 to support. Create a button that is always on in your live mode that sets the movers to a default position when they are not doing anything else. I usually set this to "centre" (ie. x = 128 and y = 128)

Regards,

Tim H
SeekLighting

Postby TheLizardMonkey » 12 March 2018, 08:02

Thankyou for all your help. I will try it later
TheLizardMonkey

Postby buddukes » 16 March 2018, 17:12

I have a very similar question, but slightly different. When I set the reverse pan for my moving heads, either on the units or through the Showxpress software, the home position changes by 90 degrees and therefore I don't get that mirror image I'm looking for (Pan for these fixtures goes up to 630 degrees). Anyway to offset that to compensate for the change in home position so that I do get the mirror image effect I'm trying to achieve? Thanks!
buddukes

Return to Other