Fade In/Fade Out functions do not work for Pan/Tilt values

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Fade In/Fade Out functions do not work for Pan/Tilt values

Postby SeekLighting » 12 February 2018, 04:13

Hi Support,

I have spoken to a few users who have requested this feature in a Facebook group for ShowXpress users.

When using a Live Button for a Generator project, the "Fade in" and "Fade Out" values only work for certain channels. They will work on a generated project created using RGB colour channels (ie. the button will fade in the effect slowly), however, they do nothing when applied to a generator project using Pan/Tilt values (ie. the lights will simply snap straight into their chase and not slowly move to their starting position).

Is it possible to implement so that selecting a "Fade in" on a pan/tilt generator project live button (or sequential list item for that matter) would allow the lights to slowly move to their chase starting position?

I hope my question is clear. Please let me know if you require clarification.

Regards,

Tim H
SeekLighting

Re: Fade In/Fade Out functions do not work for Pan/Tilt valu

Postby support » 12 February 2018, 10:39

Yes, pan & tilt is not considered as "dimmable" channel (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =72&t=4044).
And an additional option for "follow fade in/out option" for each other channel seems too complex.

In our opinion, channels like "gobo, pan/tilt, shutter, ..." have to move as fast as possible, while there are reasons to fade "dimmer, RGB, ..." channels.

Please note that, regarding Steps scenes, if the first step in in "fade" mode, pan&tilt will fade during scene transition.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SeekLighting » 12 February 2018, 11:29

Gobo and shutter I understand, but for pan and tilt I can definitely see some circumstances where you would want to slowly fade to a particular chase pattern. Is it something that is possible to implement as an extra option?

If you don't mind, I'll post your response in the Facebook group and see what the other guys say about this. Maybe they can offer some more feedback. I'll post what they say as well
SeekLighting

Postby support » 12 February 2018, 17:29

Yes, feedback is always welcome.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SeekLighting » 12 February 2018, 23:16

Hi support,

Please find attached the original discussion from the Facebook group regarding this issue. I have since posted your response in the Facebook thread. I will tell you what they reply with.

In addition, you can always hop on the Facebook group and talk to them if you wanted to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/215343038575012/
SeekLighting

Postby LightningFM » 13 February 2018, 16:37

Hi TimH,
If it helps, I usually workaround the Pan/Tilt snap problem converting each generator project into a step scene, and eventually modifying it (before importing in Live). I usually go to StandAlone, then "add generator scene" and finally "save as step scene".

@Marios The old versions of the software with the button "generate scene" (I miss it from the V6 as well, as the "convert via standalone" isn't as immediate) I think can be found here: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =85&t=4553
Hope it helps!

Flavio
LightningFM

Postby support » 16 February 2018, 17:27

We will take a look at the engine of Generator, to check if this could be possible to do something without having to redo a big part of its source code.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 04 March 2018, 19:37

In V9, we have the possibility to make the channels pan/tilt to always follow the "fade in" option, for the Generator scenes.
Please let us know your mind on that.

If this is a problem for somebody, which means he wants that pan/tilt ignore the "fade in" fonction, and its always snaps like it presently does, please let us know.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SeekLighting » 04 March 2018, 19:44

Hi support,

I'll put my +1 towards having pan/tilt follow the "fade in" command. Obviously if you didn't want the scene to fade in, users would simply not click that option! :D
SeekLighting

Postby support » 05 March 2018, 08:47

Not sure it will be so easy.
We may find some users who want "fade in" for dimmer and "snap" for pan&tilt !
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to Live - Buttons