Colorail IRC in Pixels

post here other topics

Colorail IRC in Pixels

Postby lpw1 » 28 January 2018, 01:28

I cannot seem to get the Chauvet Colorail IRC light to work in Pixels. I cannot find a user manual for version 8 of ShowExpress. The manual that is available does not have Pixels in it, and the Sessions tutorial does not cover adding a fixture in Pixels. My Colorail does have a fixture profile, but it does not appear on the list in Pixels. Does this mean the light is not capable of being used here? I bought these lights for this purpose, and was surprised to find that they don't work. Or maybe I just don't know what I am doing. Can anyone offer advice? Thanks. LPW
lpw1

Re: Colorail IRC in Pixels

Postby SeekLighting » 28 January 2018, 03:06

Hey man, literally any RGB fixture can be used in pixels. If no fixture profile appears in the list when you open Pixels, it may just mean that there is no fixture profile for it. You can request a pixels profile be made for you elsewhere on this forum, otherwise it is very easy to create your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rizeycH3k

^This video shows you how to add a fixture. Skip to about 1:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSPp2hf63JI

^And this video shows you how to use an ordinary par can in pixels, also at about 1:49.

If you're still confused, i might upload a video later showing you how to do what you're asking. It's very easy once you know your way around pixels. I suggest to any user of this software to get familiar with creating your own fixture profiles as it is extremely easy and will open up a vast amount of opportunities for you in terms of creative use of the software.

Regards,

Tim H
SeekLighting

Re: Colorail IRC in Pixels

Postby lpw1 » 29 January 2018, 23:33

Awesome. Thanks, Tim H. LPW
lpw1

Return to Other