High Sierra - crashes at starting [fixed]

post here topics for Mac OS only

Re: Showxpress crashes every time I open

Postby DJP13 » 14 November 2017, 00:50

Still crashing. Heres what is says

"Last login: Mon Nov 13 19:45:55 on console
Daniels-MBP:~ daniel$ /Applications/ShowXpress/TheLightingController.app/Contents/MacOS/TheLightingController ; exit;
objc[688]: Class PBApplicationDelegate is implemented in both /Applications/ShowXpress/TheLightingController.app/Contents/MacOS/TheLightingController (0x29b774) and /Applications/ShowXpress/efk_hardware.dylib (0xbf2dab4). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[688]: Class PBApplication is implemented in both /Applications/ShowXpress/TheLightingController.app/Contents/MacOS/TheLightingController (0x29b7a4) and /Applications/ShowXpress/efk_hardware.dylib (0xbf2dae4). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[688]: Class PBMenuDelegate is implemented in both /Applications/ShowXpress/TheLightingController.app/Contents/MacOS/TheLightingController (0x29b7d4) and /Applications/ShowXpress/efk_hardware.dylib (0xbf2db14). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[688]: Class PBMenuObject is implemented in both /Applications/ShowXpress/TheLightingController.app/Contents/MacOS/TheLightingController (0x29b804) and /Applications/ShowXpress/efk_hardware.dylib (0xbf2db44). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[688]: Class PBGadgetList is implemented in both /Applications/ShowXpress/TheLightingController.app/Contents/MacOS/TheLightingController (0x29b8c4) and /Applications/ShowXpress/efk_hardware.dylib (0xbf2db74). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[688]: Class PB_NSFlippedView is implemented in both /Applications/ShowXpress/TheLightingController.app/Contents/MacOS/TheLightingController (0x29baa4) and /Applications/ShowXpress/efk_hardware.dylib (0xbf2dba4). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[688]: Class PBGadgetFunctions is implemented in both /Applications/ShowXpress/TheLightingController.app/Contents/MacOS/TheLightingController (0x29bb04) and /Applications/ShowXpress/efk_hardware.dylib (0xbf2dbd4). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Couldn't create USB device plugin
Segmentation fault: 11
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]"
DJP13

Postby DJP13 » 14 November 2017, 18:27

Any update on this? Or a timeframe? I have a show in two days and I really need this computer up and running.
DJP13

Postby support » 15 November 2017, 08:45

The crash happens when the software asks the OS about the connected usb devices.
This happens on your computer with "High Sierra", while it normally works with "Sierra".

The file you tried yesterday is the source code of our usb MacOS library recompiled with the latest available xcode (MacOS programming software). Unfortunately, it does not work better with your computer.

We read some leaks about possible changes regarding usb between Sierra and High Sierra. They are not confirmed, and as usually Apple does not publish anything about that.

We are presently doing an audit of the existing source code, trying to find what "Hight Sierra" does not like. It will take some more days. Afterwards, there will two possibilities:
1. we can modify the source code, in order that High Sierra does not crash with it
2. we do not find any solution with the existing code, and we to rewrite a new usb library, using the most recent MacOS functions, which should 100% meet High Sierra requirements.

This will take time (more than two days).
Sorry for that. We are doing our best to adapt our software, as fast as possible, with all non expected MacOS changes.

Let's just hope this is not a MacOS bug (yes, sometimes we can not fix the problems with new MacOS versions).
FYI: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =10&t=4697
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 15 November 2017, 10:25

We just found a new possible thing in our code, which could occur the problem with High Sierra.

Could you please do the following test ?
- in your software folder, delete the file "efk_usb.dylib"
- download the attached zip file (see below), unzip it, and copy the extracted file "efk_usb.dylib" in your software folder
(the goal is again to test a new librarie "efk_usb.dylib")
- run the software and tell us the result
Attachments
efk_usb.zip
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 893 times
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby DJP13 » 15 November 2017, 14:21

Showxpress is opening now an appears to be working fine. Ill let you know if there are any crashes while its running. Thank you for your help and resolving this.
DJP13

Postby support » 15 November 2017, 15:36

This is a good news.

Yes, please run the software (in tab "Live > Buttons"), before your show in two days, during some hours if possible, for a better test.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Previous

Return to Mac OS