Live Buttons Do Not Trigger Any Changes When Pushed

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Live Buttons Do Not Trigger Any Changes When Pushed

Postby robert.d.stern » 29 October 2017, 20:44

Hello,

This is my first time programming Show Xpress. I watched all of the tutorials on youtube and did smll experiments to test my knowledge in betwee tutorial segments. I am stuck on making the Live portion work. Lighting Controller 8.2.24, Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

The setup is for a small stage at a performing arts adult day care center. Simple control via Ipad was the need for colored and white stage lighting and 2 moivng heads for spotting a center stage solo performer using both or evenly spaced duo one for each. Lastly, for party days turning the movers to sound active mode was wanted.

Live Page:
Par Hex Fixtures:
10 Different color buttons, Red, purple, blue, UV etc.
1 Master Dimmer assigned to control brightness for all Pars

Moving Heads:
1) White color, fixed position for both movers pointed center stage for solo performer
2) White Color fixed poisiton L and Fixed position R. Each moving head is pointed at one of the two performers
3) Dimmer for spots as a group
4) Fader for Color Wheel to adjust color (Do not need this step but was going to include to be cool, they said all they need is white)

----------------------What I did is below this line ----------------------------------
I got the fixtures input and placed them in 3d view to make sense for the viewer.

I made a scene in step view by adjusting the slider values to make: R = 255, Dimmer = 255 Saved as "Color Red Hex Par" scene.
Adjusted values to G=255 Dimmer = 255 Saved as "Color Green Hex Par" scene. Repeat that for 10 colors. Any time i load one of these in steps it outputs correctly on the 3d viewer.

Anomalies - W = 255 shows no color in viewer, UV = 255 Shows no color emitting from fixture on 3d viewer

Then i clicked live to access the live tab. I made a button page called pars and loaded all the saved color scenes into it. All the buttons appeared. None of them work. There is a suspect looking greyed out S at the top left of each button. Greyed out usually means something is long but that S wasnt in the version back when the tutorials on chauvet website were around or the resolution is to poor to see it.

If I right click any button and click edit, it opens up in the steps editor and I instantly see the changes to the 3d viewer without clicking anything else. Like literally when I click edit from the live window, it snaps to steps window and my 3d viewer in the corner will be on and red or whatever color I am editing.

YES I CLICKED THE ICON IN THE TOP RIGHT TO SEND LIVE BUTTONS TO 3D VIEWER AND MIDI. I also did this for each scene in steps window.

Similarly when I right click a master fader and set it to effect the dimmer on every single fixture, it also has no effect on the scenes or 3d viewer.

What am I missing, I know it is something slight. Almost there but so stuck.
robert.d.stern

Re: Live Buttons Do Not Trigger Any Changes When Pushed

Postby LightningFM » 29 October 2017, 21:55

The S in the top-left corner of the button usually means "Solo Button".
Solo buttons stay active only while you push them (they are useful, for example, for strobe effects), as you stop pushing with the mouse or midi they deactivate themselves ;)
To disable the "solo" function in a page, click the page settings icon (the three horizontal lines) and deselect "Solo buttons".

Let me know if it solves the problem
Attachments
29-10-2017 22-44-34.jpg
Solo button indication
29-10-2017 22-44-34.jpg (7.39 KiB) Viewed 16104 times
LightningFM

Postby support » 30 October 2017, 07:50

@ LightningFM
This "S" sign means the button is trigerring a "Steps" scene.
The different signs you could see in this location (upper left) are: S for Steps, G for Generator and P for Pixels.

The "solo button" sign is at the left side of the page name.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby LightningFM » 30 October 2017, 08:08

I'm sorry, my bad.
I got confused.
LightningFM

Postby support » 31 October 2017, 10:48

@ LightningFM
No problem.

Anomalies - W = 255 shows no color in viewer, UV = 255 Shows no color emitting from fixture on 3d viewer

Sorry but 3DView is presently able to show only RGB and CMY channels.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SeekLighting » 01 November 2017, 00:50

support wrote:@ LightningFM
No problem.

Sorry but 3DView is presently able to show only RGB and CMY channels.

Hey support,

Not sure if that's true because I have an RGBWAUV LED fixture (I created the fixture profile myself using the R,G,B, W, A and UV channels) and it shows up in 3D view for me just fine...
SeekLighting

Postby support » 01 November 2017, 11:47

Yes 3DView will show the beam of the RGBWAUV LED fixture, but the color of the beam will react only with the RGB channels. The WAUV channels will not change the color of the beam.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby SeekLighting » 02 November 2017, 00:35

support wrote:Yes 3DView will show the beam of the RGBWAUV LED fixture, but the color of the beam will react only with the RGB channels. The WAUV channels will not change the color of the beam.

Hi Support,

I'm just unsure of what you're saying, because I can get the Amber and White channels to appear in 3D View just fine...

See video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zvkuekvnwldp ... o.avi?dl=0
SeekLighting

Postby support » 02 November 2017, 10:51

After double-checking, yes you are right TimH. This is our mistake :?
Only the UV channel does not change the color of the beam.

Sorry for that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby ToddAlanBryant » 19 January 2023, 23:19

Hi Robert,
I suspect you figure this out a long time ago, but I hit the same snag. Live buttons don't trigger the scenes I've already setup. What did you discover that worked? I am pretty new to this.
ToddAlanBryant

Return to Live - Buttons