Showxpress Crashing

post here topics for Windows only

Re: Showxpress Crashing

Postby bassinla » 03 October 2017, 23:33

Actually, I pressed "no" for the driver install, since my version of 10 is recent. You're saying that this install error is unrelated to the crashing?

Are we any closer to a fix for the crashing? Also, any suggestions on how to operate a 512 from a Windows tablet micro USB port?

Thank you.
David
bassinla

Postby jtowne » 04 October 2017, 01:15

I saw this same message when starting the program with the fixit file. I went ahead and closed it because I didn’t think it was related to the crash. When you say “complete next software setup” does that mean the next software update?
jtowne

Postby support » 04 October 2017, 08:33

The "install error" message is unrelated to the crashing. It should not exist anymore in the next complete software package.

Regarding the "Windows tablet", in order to keep this topic as clear as possible, please open a new thread for it.

We are still not able to reproduce your problem, so we still need your help, in order to find a track where investigate more deeply.
Could you please try with a new lightshow (100% empty), and also the dmx interface disconnected ?
(and send a screenshot of the crash please)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jtowne » 05 October 2017, 13:34

Sure. Can you instruct me on the easiest way to setup a new light show that is 100% empty with still retaining my old files for safe keeping?
jtowne

Postby support » 05 October 2017, 15:14

To create a new lightshow
- main menu => "File" => "New Lightshow"
- enter for instance the name "newshow", and press "ok"

To open the new lightshow
- main menu => "File" => "Open Lightshow", select the lightshow "newshow" in the list, and press "Open"

To load back your own lightshow
- main menu => "File" => "Open Lightshow", select your lightshow in the list, and press "Open"
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jtowne » 05 October 2017, 19:28

Thanks. I set up a new light show starting from scratch without the DMX interface attached. To test it, I setup two fixtures and made a step scene. After 12 minutes, it crashed. Please advise.
jtowne

Postby support » 06 October 2017, 09:49

So we know now that:
- the problem does not come from your lightshow
- the problem does not come from the dmx interface

Could you please now try the same configuration (empty lightshow and no dmx interface), with the program "TheLightingController_NoHardware_Debug.exe" ?
(available here: http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... _Debug.zip)

FYI, this program does not communicate at all with the external librairie which control the dmx interface. Afterwards, we will know if the problem comes from the external librairy or not.

BTW, please confirm also that there is no sleep or energy save active process in your system, which could force the usb to stop for instance.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jtowne » 06 October 2017, 14:55

Did as you requested. This time the same crash occurred but did so at the 24 minute mark. I have checked the power settings and the computer is set to never going to sleep or shutting off drives, etc.
jtowne

Postby texmex99ci » 09 February 2018, 02:52

I finally found a solution to this issue guys... If your using a pc with a Nvidia card, update this to the newest release from 1-29-18.... it fixed 3 of my pcs doing so. hope it works for you guys as well.....
texmex99ci

Previous

Return to Windows