Help with Lemur

live control with midi devices

Help with Lemur

Postby DJ Bill Bass » 30 August 2017, 08:15

I'm trying to create a simple button/switch that will turn on a lighting scene in Chauvet Show Xpress with one push and turn it off with second push. I want the button to change colors when the scene is turned on and return to another color when the scene is turned off.
I can get the "switch" to stay a different color but what happens with switches is it requires 4 pushes to complete an on off cycle instead of only 2. One push to trigger the note, another push to release the switch, another push to trigger it again and then another push to release it.

If I use a "pad" option for the button it will work like I want, requiring only one push to turn on and one push to turn off, however the color change is only sustained while I hold the pad down... I need it to stay a different color so I can see which scenes are on and which are off.

Hope I explained this well enough and any help is much appreciated.
DJ Bill Bass

Re: Help with Lemur

Postby Niffo » 11 September 2017, 10:20

DJ Bill Bass wrote:I can get the "switch" to stay a different color but what happens with switches is it requires 4 pushes to complete an on off cycle instead of only 2. One push to trigger the note, another push to release the switch, another push to trigger it again and then another push to release it

You can try to set the Live-Button in "Flash" mode to workaround this type of midi button operation.
Niffo
Administrateur

Return to Midi