Windows 10 driver installation for Xpress 100

usb to dmx - 100 dmx channels only for Windows (2011 - 2019)

Windows 10 driver installation for Xpress 100

Postby DJMAntra » 14 June 2017, 14:08

Hi, I am completely new to the DMX world and this is my first foray into it.

I am trying to get an Xpress 100 recognized by my Windows 10 laptop. Device Manager shows the device as a "USB Serial Port" under "Other Devices". This is the case whatever USB socket I use on the computer. I have tried following the advice for manual driver load but this does not work. I have tried all drivers, both 32 and 64 bit but I just get a message saying "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems".

I have contacted Chauvet Technical Support but they referred me here.

The interface is recognized when I plug it into a Windows 7 laptop.

Does anybody have any ideas? I'm getting pretty desperate to get it running on this machine.

Thank you.
DJMAntra

Re: Windows 10 driver installation for Xpress 100

Postby support » 14 June 2017, 15:51

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems"

The correct folder is "../drivers/64bits/".
Then the system is supposed to propose "cable.inf", which is of course in that folder.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Windows 10 driver installation for Xpress 100

Postby tonytone » 19 April 2018, 09:00

This is really annoying, I have just purchased the Sweetlight Cable/xpress 100 where a box arrives with no setup instructions. Windows keeps installing the wrong drivers and have done all I can to try and stop it from reinstalling the wrong drivers sing group policy editor etc. Looking on this forum there is no straight forward information on how to fix the problem.

Please help, I bought the ADJ MyBuddy DMX installed first time no issues.
tonytone

Return to Cable