Solo button groups

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Solo button groups

Postby Detour DJ » 27 January 2015, 11:41

Hi all,
I've got a feature request that I think would be awesome: Solo Button Groups. Right now, we can assign all the buttons in a Live Page to solo, and then they only allow one button at a time. I use this a lot, but often it's inconvenient to group ALL the buttons in a page to solo.

For example, I use 8 pages in each of the 2 Live windows. One page is dedicated to Master FX and Followspots. This includes strobing, blinder effects, pulsing effects, smoke machine run, and various full/dim/black settings for 3 followspots. I'd really like to be able to solo just the followspots on that page, but not the other buttons. The followspots only use 7 buttons, so assigning them to their own page and setting that page to Solo would waste screen space.

That's where the concept of assignable solo button grouping would be nice. I'm not sure how you would implement it, but it would be useful to have customizable Solo Groups within pages and have only certain buttons cancel each other out.

Ideally, making the pages fully customizable in size, number and placement would solve the solo issue and many others, but I'll take any improvements the designers wish to work on. Thanks for a great product!

Larz
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
Detour DJ, Sound & Lighting
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
http://www.DetourDJ.com
Detour DJ

Re: Solo button groups

Postby Earl Harvey » 27 January 2015, 12:41

Try using a page of Macros in solo mode?
Earl Harvey

Postby Detour DJ » 27 January 2015, 16:30

I already use that feature for master scenes. The concept here is to have a small group of self-canceling buttons without committing a minimum of 1/8 of your available screen space to do it. Alternately, a programmable solo group might even span the entire screen and eliminate the limited per-page solo function. Consider this: In Editor, you can program custom groups of light fixtures. In Live, you can program custom Macros to turn on/off several buttons at once. My idea is an extension of these other two features. Perhaps instead of a "scene" Macro, how about a "solo" Macro that allows you to group any combination of buttons and have them self-cancel among the group? This would be an amazingly useful and versatile feature!
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
Detour DJ

Postby Pink LD » 28 January 2015, 18:38

I like the idea. But with 2 tabbed pages in Live, and the Child Window on a second screen, I can achieve that. But on a single scree, 8 window setup? Sure that level of personalisation would be grand. The software is generally LTP and so it is fairly easy to stack features on each other, plus the software considers macro to macro the order of left top to bottom to right top to bottom, from page 1 to however many pages you have.

In my case all over-ride commands are on pages that start with the letter "Z" in their name.

Also, depending on what you need to do, you can make scenes and/or Macros in pages as flash buttons in Solo Pages. So whatever you need to be flashed will do so while not disengaging the solo scene/Macro that is currently solo. Ergo when you release the flash scene/Macro the solo button that was up before the flash button, is still in charge.
Pink LD

Postby ineedabeatdj » 10 April 2015, 17:58

A great way to implement this would to be able to add solo buttons to within a column on a page. Say you have 6 vertical columns on the page, you could make column 1 and column 6 solo buttons. That way column 1 would all solo together, and column 6 would all solo together separately from solo 1. Not sure if this is possible to implement with the software though? Or even column 1 & 6 would solo together and the other columns would be normal.
ineedabeatdj

Postby Bakenectar » 18 December 2016, 21:38

AGREED^^

This would be really helpful!!
Bakenectar

Postby Detour DJ » 18 December 2016, 23:01

Good suggestion. Really, I think any way to implement a focused method of selective soloing within pages would be very useful.
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
Detour DJ

Postby Light_user » 04 January 2017, 23:27

2nd this, would be great feature.
(also created a topic about this in other thread viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4848)
solo button option is waste of display space when putting 8 seperate page blocks on a display
Light_user

Postby Detour DJ » 05 January 2017, 07:27

I always set up my screen with 8 pages, and I find the solo function useful on two of them (Master Scenes and Movers FX). On the other 6, I'd love to have an option to solo just certain buttons, but not the whole page. For example, I have separate color control over 6 groups of LED color fixtures using Preset buttons. On the same page, I use Macros to change all 6 Preset buttons at once to color themes. It would be nice if I could solo just the Macro buttons on that page to toggle among themselves without effecting the individual Preset buttons that the Macro buttons control.
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
Detour DJ

Postby BartKrap » 05 January 2017, 13:42

+1
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Return to Live - Buttons