BPM Beat randomly stops with Virtual DJ on 2nd Laptop

live control with Virtual DJ

BPM Beat randomly stops with Virtual DJ on 2nd Laptop

Postby ineedabeatdj » 17 March 2020, 02:17

For my school dances, I run Virtual DJ on 1 laptop, and ShowXpress on a 2nd Laptop. I hook both laptops up with a cat 5 cable so the BPM Beat feature works between ShowXpress & VDJ. Everything works great until randomly the Beat stops syncing with VDJ. After a while, it will randomly start syncing again. If I want to make it start syncing before it randomly starts again, I have to close and restart ShowXpress. Once SX comes back up, the Beat is in sync once again. During a 3-4 hour prom, it may lose communication with Beat 2 or 3 times. Does anyone know what could be causing it to randomly lose sync?

Thank you,

Brad
ineedabeatdj

Re: BPM Beat randomly stops with Virtual DJ on 2nd Laptop

Postby Bob_be » 17 March 2020, 14:13

Are you using 2 decks in VDJ? I had a problem where changing between songs the beats would stop showing up in Showxpress, using 2 decks. I used Wireshark to verify that VDJ wasn't sending the beat signal and it wasn't Showxpress not receiving a signal. Switching to a single deck worked to fix the problem.

In one of VDJ latest releases, there was a fix for key change that effected the beats (or bpm). I haven't tested it, I've just gotten used to working with 1 deck.

I don't know if you are mixing, I just use the automix feature.

Bob
Bob_be

Re: BPM Beat randomly stops with Virtual DJ on 2nd Laptop

Postby ineedabeatdj » 27 March 2020, 15:06

Bob_be wrote:Are you using 2 decks in VDJ? I had a problem where changing between songs the beats would stop showing up in Showxpress, using 2 decks. I used Wireshark to verify that VDJ wasn't sending the beat signal and it wasn't Showxpress not receiving a signal. Switching to a single deck worked to fix the problem.

In one of VDJ latest releases, there was a fix for key change that effected the beats (or bpm). I haven't tested it, I've just gotten used to working with 1 deck.

I don't know if you are mixing, I just use the automix feature.

Bob

Thanks for the tip, but 1 deck is not an option at a school dance. Gotta mix.
ineedabeatdj

Return to Virtual DJ