VDJ Sluggish Jogs, New USB driver issue? [fixed]

live control with Virtual DJ

VDJ Sluggish Jogs, New USB driver issue? [fixed]

Postby GPC » 30 May 2019, 16:49

Hello,

I have been using VDJ to send beats to ShowXpress and it's all working very well indeed - good work guys!

However, I have noticed that the jog wheels on my controller (Pioneer DDJ RX) have become very sluggish. This has happened on both my laptops with very different versions of virtual DJ, so it's unlikely to be VDJ or settings within VDJ causing the issue.

It's unlikely to be a hardware issue as both decks on the controller are effected.

I believe the only thing that has changed on both laptops is the new USB drivers required for the new version of ShowXpress. Is there anyway these drivers could be effecting the performance/speed of the USB ports required by VDJ and controllers?

Thanks in advance,
Gary.
GPC

Re: VDJ Sluggish Jogs, New USB driver issue?

Postby support » 30 May 2019, 18:20

Thank you for the feedback.

To have the answer, we suggest you to change the usb driver back to the old version and use the software V8.
And then check if this changes something.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby GPC » 30 May 2019, 22:35

I tried reverting to the old USB driver and ShowXpress V8 software and nothing changed - jogs were still sluggish.

FIXED:
Something must have gone wrong in my Pioneer DDJ RX as I flashed the firmware again and the jogs sprung back to life.

Thank you.
GPC

Postby support » 31 May 2019, 08:54

Nice to see everything is ok now.
Thank you for your feedback.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Virtual DJ