suggestion - fix focus point for pan/tilt movements

post here general topics for software

suggestion - fix focus point for pan/tilt movements

Postby vwguy » 10 April 2011, 10:28

The band I look after did their first gig using just Sweetlight controlled Light and Sound last night. Overall a success! One or two bits for me to tinker with as it was the first time we'd set up all the gear and ran the whole show.

I have a suggestion for the software peeps to think about. In the Generator part of the editor, is there a way to apply the shape to a set position or focus point?

For example;

Scanners running a fig 8 whilst all pointed centre stage. I can set all the scanners to point at the centre stage but when I go into the generator and select the fig 8 it repositions the centre of the fig 8 from centre stage to a sort of 50/50 position.

I feel this would be useful because you could design your generator shapes then just apply them to various focus points around your stage area.
Also this would make adjusting the show for different sized venues much easier. For example;

If the show is designed around say 10 main focus points (lead singer, piano, guitarist, audience etc..) with generator effects based around those focus points (fig 8 on piano, wave on guitarist, diamond on audience etc..). To adjust the show for larger or smaller venues then to adjust the whole show you would only have to adjust your focus points rather than adjusting all of the points in the generator effects.

I think this would be a wonderful addition to an already great product!

Cheers, Willie
vwguy

Re: Successful Show now some suggestions

Postby support » 14 April 2011, 14:37

Added in TODO list.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: suggestion - fix focus point for pan/tilt movements

Postby vwguy » 20 May 2011, 22:59

ACE!!!! :D
vwguy