touch screen

post here general topics for software

touch screen

Postby pyrocowboy » 26 January 2014, 16:48

I'm thinking about getting a touch screen. However, I need the ability to use flash buttons. I have tried it on a laptop with a touch screen and it always pulls up the setting menu for each button when I hold it for to long. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to turn on or off? Also, does the software support using 2 or more buttons at one time with a multi-touch touch screen? Can more than one button be activated at the same time in the software?
pyrocowboy

Re: touch screen

Postby support » 26 January 2014, 22:28

I have tried it on a laptop with a touch screen and it always pulls up the setting menu for each button when I hold it for to long

Looks like long left press = right click in your touch screen settings.

does the software support using 2 or more buttons at one time with a multi-touch touch screen?

No. Only one button at a time (like with a mouse).

Can more than one button be activated at the same time in the software?

Yes, with a "Macro" button.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 28 January 2014, 12:24

Flash buttons and touch screens. I have had all kinds of that not working. So for Flash Buttons I just keyboard trigger them or patch the function to my wing console.
Pink LD

Postby zkflow » 28 January 2014, 15:59

the flash buttons works great with the mobile app... thats an option. Also i prefer a midi controller or just the keyboard...
zkflow

Postby Pink LD » 28 January 2014, 16:23

Yes they do. That is why on of my 2 tablets is the app, the other is remote ti the touchscreen PC. So I run most of my shows with a wing console, 10 inch tough hybrid, and 2 tablets.
Pink LD

Postby RGBlite » 05 February 2014, 23:03

I've been looking at All-In-One touchscreen computers, but my application requires using Flash buttons a lot. I think I would like "playing" the lights with finger taps, instead of key presses. What's the problem with Flash buttons on a touchscreen (Windows 8)? Could previous posters give more info, and does Support have any answers? Thanks so much!
RGBlite

Postby support » 06 February 2014, 09:21

In our side, we can say this regarding buttons in flash mode:
1. you have to press the left button and keep it pressed, in order to switch on the Live button and to keep it on
2. when you release the left button, the Live button switches off

This means the touch screen has to be able to reproduce the "left button press" and the "left button release", in two different actions.

If there is a problem, please tell us what the touch screen is able to do and what it is not able to do. Afterwards we will see what we can do.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Alpineent » 07 April 2014, 01:48

I am having the same issue, there is gotta be a solution and I pray that V7 will come with that!!

If the iPads work good with flash mode, there must be a way for the software to communicate with the touch screen. This would allow for some sick light control!!
Alpineent

Postby Pink LD » 07 April 2014, 01:58

I still rely on keyboard presses or mouse clicks for flash buttons.
However I do remote to my PC and software via one of my tablets. I mostly use it for pre-show onstage focuses. Switching between touch screen and mouse modes I can get all the features I need to move preset button settings and then update the appropriate macros.
My PC is the Asus T100 Win 8.1, a hybrid PC/tablet. However when detached as a tablet my USB 3.0 on the keyboard dock port is not powered and so I lose communication with my ShowXpress hubs, hence the reason I use 2 tablets. One tab uses the ShowXpress app and the other remotes into my PC.
Pink LD

Postby support » 07 April 2014, 08:07

Because touchscreens, use same action to detect left mouse click and right mouse click, they proceed like this:
- a quick "left press" action is considered as a short left mouse click (which is ok for non flash buttons)
- a "left press and hold pressed" action is considered as a right mouse click (which is not ok for flash buttons)

Unlike touchscreens, smartphones/tablets (having a multi-touch screen) use "two fingers touch" action to detect a right mouse click.

In order to be able to detect "long left press mouse click" action with a touchscreen, there should be some option like "do not try to detect right mouse clicks" or "ignore right mouse clicks".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to General software