Duration and fade times

stack scenes and play them with a "GO" button

Duration and fade times

Postby Jeffluminais » 20 September 2017, 01:48

Starting my first sequential list. I have created three step files which consist simply of turning on all the colors for a period of 5 seconds. In the sequential list there are options for fade in fade out and duration. If I use a value of 1 for fade in and fade out, the light will fade in for 1 second then fade out. The duration seems to have no effect no matter what I do. I assume the specific format is seconds? The time of the step file seems to be ignored. Fading in the step file is set to just come on.

Also, What is the significance of the manual and auto BPM. I does not seem to have any effect.
Thanks for any help.
Jeff
Jeffluminais

Re: Duration and fade times

Postby support » 20 September 2017, 09:01

Yes, the time format is in seconds.
For operating rules, please read this: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =83&t=4803
The BPM functions are not used in Sequential List.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Jeffluminais » 20 September 2017, 10:46

So do I gather from this that if the fade in time plus fade out time plus duration is greater than the time in the step file, the step file wins? What I don't understand is that I had set fade in and fade out equal to 1, then set duration to 0. I would expect in that case that I would see a one second fade in, a 3 second duration (because the step file delay is 5 seconds, then a one second fade out, but what happened was that I got a one second fade immediately followed by a one second fade out.

Also I notice in the example that one of them was set for "wait for go" I am not given this option in the list I am creating. How is that achieved.

Lastly if the bpm is not used here, where is it used?
Sorry for all the fundamental questions, I have read the manual but many things are not explained a lot in detail.

Jeff
Jeffluminais

Postby Jeffluminais » 20 September 2017, 11:04

A little more information here: Did some more testing. If fade in and fade out are set to 0, then duration works correctly unless it is zero or greater than the time in the step file, If fade out is set to 1, then again the duration works correctly as previously described and it fades out at the end of each scene, BUT, if fad in is set to any number other than zero, in this instance I set it to one, the scene fades in taking a second, then it jumps to the next scene. I am using windows 10. Am I observing a bug here? So the behavior seems to be correct according to the link you provided for duration and fade out, but not for fade in.
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeffluminais

Return to Live - Sequential List