The Generator file is restarted

stack scenes and play them with a "GO" button

The Generator file is restarted

Postby Tomlin » 30 March 2017, 20:33

I have several scenes that have Generator Files running via the Macro feature in Sequential List. Each time I advance through from one scene/Macro to another, the Generator File is restarted, causing the lights (moving intelligent lights) to jump back to the original starting point.

Is there any way to allow a Generator File to SPAN over two scenes, or to have the fixtures to continue where they are so that they appear seamless? A good example would be like on the LIVE tab, where you have a Generator file running motion, but you click other scenes and change them up on the fly, yet the motion remains unchanged. I'd like to do this in Sequential List.

Thanks.
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Re: Feature Request- Spanning scenes or macros with Generato

Postby Pink LD » 26 April 2017, 02:16

I addressed this back in the middle of V7, and it was fixed. but I recently noticed this problem is back with a vengeance in V8. I referenced your post in my more recent post. Let's see if we can get an answer, eh?
Pink LD

Re: The Generator file is restarted

Postby support » 26 April 2017, 07:23

Noted.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby notslaw » 16 March 2019, 15:49

I am having this same issue. I notice that it has been two years since this post has seen any action. Is this still on the to do list?

Version 9.1.9 - 181115 - 64 bits
notslaw

Postby support » 17 March 2019, 11:01

It is not on the ToDo list ; it is "noted" (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... f=3&t=4909).

We understand the problem.
But this involves to make changes in the "scenes player" engine in Live, which is very sensible.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Sequential List