Basic Functionality for Sequential List for Concerts

stack scenes and play them with a "GO" button

Basic Functionality for Sequential List for Concerts

Postby Tomlin » 07 November 2016, 22:09

Hi guys

First off, thanks for such a great software. I have been trying to determine how well-suited ShowXpress is for our live Nights of Worship and it seems to be a great tool so far (still evaluating to determine to buy).

Sequential List seems to possibly be a huge answer as to how to have a well-organized flow for a live show/concert and I have a few observations to submit; hopefully some answers will be forthcoming as to planned updates or addressing my lack of understanding, etc.

1) Can a "Next Scene" as well as a "Previous Scene" (a back function) function be added so that you don't have to click with the mouse only? This might prevent inadvertently clicking on the wrong cue and would provide keyboard/hardware use a great option, much like the Space bar for "Go"/Play.

2) I notice that no matter what value I enter for "duration" it seems to move on to the next cue any way. Can this be fixed so that it can either take an H:M:S format or the user can enter another option (like loop) that will keep that scene until either the H:M:S time runs out, or the User advances to the next scene via the "Next Scene" function?

3) Can a Empty Header be available to place above each new section to better organize the flow? In other words, the empty header would have the ability for the user to place a name or title in it. This space would be transparent to the progression through each list item, but there for better organization for the user as you progress through a song, event, etc.

Thank you so much for reading and considering this. I am excited to see how well the Sequential List function works out.
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Re: Basic Functionality for Sequential List for Concerts

Postby Luc Henrion » 08 November 2016, 09:09

1), I agree, the user should be allowed to define shortcut keys as in the buttons menu, I would go for "B" (=back) and "N" (=next) for example.
2) there is a "loop" feature available, next to the "type" menu, duration is for the fade time. You can also select the trigger type: follow or "wait for go"
3) I agree too :)
Luc Henrion

Postby Niffo » 09 November 2016, 18:14

2) There was a bug between "Loop" and Duration for Steps scenes. It is corrected since 8.1.32 fix file.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Tomlin » 09 November 2016, 18:47

Hi! and thanks Niffo.

Is there a way to get notifications when updates are available?
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Postby support » 10 November 2016, 08:46

Not for the "fix" file.
When there is a complete new software setup, you should be notified in the "About" screen ("main menu > Help > About").
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Tomlin » 10 November 2016, 13:02

Okay thanks!
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Postby Tomlin » 10 November 2016, 15:06

Okay! Just tried it out and it certainly seems to be working much better, so thanks!

Just some thoughts:

1) I see how clicking in the # column allows you to select the next scene to play by using the "GO" button. I also notice that "Go" acts as an "off" button when at the end of the list. That's pretty easy.

2) Is is possible to add a default fade in/ fade out for each line so it doesn't have to be done manually. For just one song I may have 15+ cues. This could save lots of time by having an option to put in a default fade automatically, especially seeing I'm building a show for 12+ songs.

3) I still think it might be a little less confusing to some users if there were a transport style control option of < (back one scene), "Go" (the play symbol), > (forward one scene) and of course the Pause and Stop buttons that are already there. But, I discovered the down and up arrows on the keyboard and then Space will control this too. See #4

4) I see that the down and up arrows on the keyboard and then Space will control the selected scene in the # column as long as you are progressing down through the list. Could the ability to arrow UP and then Space be added please? This would be fantastic and would eliminate the need for assigning keys to this function. In fact, this is my number one request for Sequential List!

Thanks guys

Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Postby Niffo » 10 November 2016, 15:13

Tomlin wrote:Okay! Just tried it out and it certainly seems to be working much better, so thanks!

To our knowledge, v8.1.32 fix file is not yet online ...
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Tomlin » 10 November 2016, 15:31

You're right. It updated me to 8.1.30.1
Eric Tomlin
Production Director
Bridge Community Church
Tomlin

Postby support » 13 November 2016, 12:51

The Lighting Controller