Adding ArtNet interface/node for ShowXpress

control Artnet fixtures

Adding ArtNet interface/node for ShowXpress

Postby gracebhm » 05 June 2023, 18:16

Hello,

I have a Chauvet Xpress 512 Interface used with ShowXpress in a performance facitlity. The facility has an existing network infrastructure used for internet, AV equipment, office machines, etc, Dante audio, and more. We're relocating our AV/tech control area, and I'd like to add one or two ArtNet nodes to avoid having to run new splitters and DMX lines.

If I want to add an ArtNet node for use with ShowXpress:
(1) Can it run on an existing internet-connected network? (I personally manage this network, IP addresses, switches, etc.)
(2) Can I do this by simply purchasing an ArtNet node, and make it a "duplicate" of the existing universe?
(3) If it is necessary to use a second universe, is all I need a Chauvet Xpress-512S (in addition to the current Xpress 512 to unlock the second universe) and a Chauvet DMX-AN (the ArtNet node)?

Thanks in advance!
Andrew
gracebhm

Re: Adding ArtNet interface/node for ShowXpress

Postby support » 06 June 2023, 09:18

1) Caution : an Artnet network must have its own network devices and it own IP (2.x.y.z). FYI: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =81&t=3741
2) Yes, but with a dedicated Artnet network
3) No need of another XPress 512. One interface D512S unlocks two Artnet universes ; the first Artnet universe mirrors the DMX output of the DMX interface.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Artnet