Showxpress > Wysiwig - TCP/IP Listen Error Help

control Artnet fixtures

Showxpress > Wysiwig - TCP/IP Listen Error Help

Postby Cooperism » 08 September 2017, 21:36

I've been attempting to route this for hours now.

At the moment, I'm a Microsoft KM-Test loopback driver that I have the IP set to 10.0.0.1, and the subnet to 255.255.0.0

I'm using Luminex Wygalizer for routing the artnet, set to the 10.0.0.1 address. This is outputting to Wysiwyg, which is receiving from the 10.0.0.1 artnet address from Wygalizer.

This is all using the 6454 port, which I'm monitoring using Artnetominator to monitor, which recognizes the Wysiwig arnet receiver as well as Wygalizer.

My problem is solely coming from Showxpress, which when I load it gives me the "Fonction: TCP/IP: Listen error!". I assume this has to do with how the port is being used by the other software, but I'm currently kind of stumped on what to do next.

I'm hooking these up together so I'm able to visualize both the generator and pixel DMX outputs.

Any insight helps. Thanks!
Cooperism

Re: Showxpress > Wysiwig - TCP/IP Listen Error Help

Postby thorehl » 09 November 2018, 18:07

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but if your Wygalizer is running on the same computer as ShowXpress, your going to get Listen error. 2 programs listening to 1 port at the same time will not work. TCP/IP protocol isn't a sharing protocol, it is a communication protocol, thus can only communicate with one client at the time.
You will get the same error if you try running 2 programs that use the same ArtNet node
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Return to Artnet