Marq - Rezotube Pack

control Artnet fixtures

Marq - Rezotube Pack

Postby maxmaroon » 19 June 2017, 19:52

A question...I've watched the Artnet tutorials and read all I can find but seem to be stuck...Do I need to have the 480 channel version of the fixture loaded into the fixture map in order for these to work with Artnet?
maxmaroon

Re: Marq - Rezotube Pack

Postby support » 19 June 2017, 21:14

Regarding Artnet, you can either declare one 480ch fixture, or five 96ch fixtures.
Regarding our software (Pixels), it is better to declare 5 fixtures, so you can put them in different locations in the grid.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby maxmaroon » 19 June 2017, 22:15

Thank you. I can build the 5 profiles and will share them when I do.

If I already have over 100 channels taken up in the first universe (with existing lights) I assume I will have to move them to a second universe so that the rezotubes can utilise their full 480 channels in universe one(?) I read in other threads that artnet has to use the first universe but how it all works together is eluding me.

Also, when using Artnet do the rezotubes still need to physically be in the dmx signal chain? ...IOW, do I need to have a cat 6 going into the rezotube artnet port along with the rezo xlr ports being fed the dmx signal with the rest of the lights?

Thanks for the help!
maxmaroon

Postby support » 20 June 2017, 08:09

[posts moved in correct section]
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby maxmaroon » 20 June 2017, 20:48

Thank you for moving this to the proper section.

I tried everything I could yesterday (~4 hours time) to get Artnet to work and have had no success.

so far I have...
followed the youtube tutorial
Tried with and without a gigabit switch (I am using cat 6 cable)
Made sure all the IP addresses match up properly
Tried Universe 1 and 2 (and made the proper changes to the rezotube controller)
Set up 5 96 channel and 1 480 channel fixture (I CAN get the rezotubes to work using DMX fine)
Made sure I had the D512 plugged in (tried it with the dmx signal into the rezo with the cat 6 and then with just the cat 6)
I followed Alan Reiss' suggestions in other threads also.

The most that happened was 1 light would light up on the first tube. Nothing else would respond. I also noticed that the 96 channel pixel profile that was created is only addressed for the first fixture...if I duplicate it then they are all addressed the same and I do not know how to set up a new pixel profile (there is no information I could find on how to create a pixel profile and very little info on Artnet and Showxpress)
I'm willing to call and speak to somebody if that makes it easier. I don't mind writing out explicit instructions to help other users after we figure this out.

Any help is appreciated...this is becoming very time consuming to go at "in the dark"
maxmaroon

Postby Niffo » 21 June 2017, 13:11

First, are you right able to ping the IP of your Artnet device from your computer ?
We do not have this specific Artnet device but we can try to help checking the configuration if you send us your lightshow + your param.ini file.
https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... ?f=3&t=168
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby maxmaroon » 21 June 2017, 14:38

I did ping it at one point...I didn't ping every time I made changes, though.
I'm also assuming that I only need a Cat 6 going into the controller and nothing has to come out of its ethernet out port (from what I read that is only used if you are slaving multiple units)
I can send the lightshow later today/this evening.

Thanks, Niffo!
maxmaroon

Postby maxmaroon » 22 June 2017, 20:57

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday...

I was able to ping the controller with no issues.

How do I upload the lightshow? (the site doesn't allow me to attach all the files)

I am not familiar with the param.ini file...
maxmaroon

Postby maxmaroon » 22 June 2017, 21:53

I posted the lightshows to google drive here... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... lI4Yl9LbDA

The lightshow I am using is the maxlights folder. This is the show I wanted to add the rezotubes to. I was hoping to keep all my current fixtures in Universe #1 (unless it is easy to move them to Universe #2 without having to recreate macros, etc...) and utilise the rezotubes via artnet, while triggering the pixel scenes with the macros.

The rezotest folder is where I haver added the 96 channel fixtures and set up the Artnet. I have tried numerous different configurations and the most that happens is one led on the first tube will react to a pixel program.
maxmaroon

Postby Niffo » 23 June 2017, 11:03

We looked at your "RezoTest" lightshow.

- In "Editor->Fixtures" you declared 5 "Marq Rezotube 96ch" in the universe one. The three first are at Artnet IP address 2.2.2.1 and the two last are at Artnet IP address 2.2.2.2. Usually, if the Artnet controller is the same for all the devices (tubes), it should use only one IP adress. As a reminder, settings in "Editor->Fixtures" applies only to the "Editor" tab (Steps, Generator).

- In Pixels, you created 5 fixtures but they are not configured at all : They are all one pixel only and all at DMX address 1. Four of them are configured at Artnet IP address 2.2.2.2 and one is at ArtnetIP address 2.2.2.1.
If you want to use Pixels, for each fixture you have to correctly configure the matrix (horizontal, vertical), the DMX adressing of each pixel and the Artnet IP address.
Niffo
Administrateur

Next

Return to Artnet