configuring artnet

control Artnet fixtures

configuring artnet

Postby bshoc » 04 May 2016, 02:57

Hey guys,

I have not yet purchased the show xpress dongle because I want to make sure I can use artnet to control a second computer running propresenter. Propresenter is a video software that will send videos to a projector. Propresenter accepts DMX signals via Artnet. I am sending signals out of this computer using show xpress via cat 5 cable to the other computer using Propresenter. It is not receiving the signals. Is there something I am not setting up correctly in show express or my ethernet port? Thanks for your help
bshoc

Re: configuring artnet

Postby support » 04 May 2016, 06:50

The Artnet signal is active, when an interface is found by the software.
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=3741
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby bshoc » 06 May 2016, 20:45

Thanks for your response. I now have a D512 hooked to my computer now. I watched the video about how to configure artnet, but I get lost when I need to "enter the artnet IP address for the fixture". I'm not using artnet for pixels. I'm wanting to control some video software on another computer that accepts artnet. The video software is setup like a fixture with 12 channels. I have the fixture setup in my Lighting Controller computer and an ethernet cable hooking both computers together via the ethernet port. Thanks for your help. I know it's something easy I'm missing :roll:

If it helps for the example, I have my fixture on channel 497. Thanks again!
bshoc

Postby support » 08 May 2016, 07:56

We do not know your video software, but we are sure that somewhere in this software, you can read its IP.
Then you have to enter this IP in the fixture in our software.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby rockinmo816 » 26 May 2016, 01:15

I haven't gotten a chance to work with art net yet, but I am an IT guy. When you say you have the two computers connected together with an Ethernet cable, one of two things here needs to be true.
1.youre using a crossover cable. They are "usually" red in color. The orange and blue wires are reversed on one of the ends so one computer it transmitting where the the other is receiving.
2. You have a network switch, hub, or router between the two computers. This method you can use a normal Ethernet cAble.

-josh
rockinmo816

Return to Artnet