A new "Playing With Madness" 3DView Lighshow

virtual shows made with our software and visualized in 3DView

A new "Playing With Madness" 3DView Lighshow

Postby LightningFM » 28 January 2017, 14:29

Hello everybody!

Few weeks ago, I uploaded on YouTube an updated version of the "Playing With Madness" lightshow.
Link: https://youtu.be/-m4_RvEB_tQ
I already programmed a show with this track in the past, which is in my first post here :)

There are several improvements to the old show, starting from the patching and the 3DView setup. The initial project for this video was to build a kind of arena, with a lot of people in it. Unfortunately after copy-pasting around 1980 human models my computer was no longer able to keep an high framerate :lol:
By the way, I limited the audience to "just" 1000 human models (consider that in the first video I made there weren't spectators).
I added more moving heads, mainly behind the musicians. Some fixtures have been attached at inclined trusses over the stage.
The timelined show has been programmed on a new timeline, and I remade from scratch most of the scenes.
Of course, this isn't just a remake, so I tried to improve the lighting with new effects and ideas.
Frame-rate and audio quality have been improved as a well.
Compared to the first version of January 2015, I think this is much better.
If there are comments, feedbacks, questions or anything else just ask here or comment the video :D
LightningFM

Re: A new "Playing With Madness" 3DView Lighshow

Postby Bob_be » 28 January 2017, 16:44

Great light show!

How many fixtures are in the light show? How many universes? Did you create your own fixtures or are you using stock fixtures? If so, what fixtures?

Again, great show!

Bob
Bob_be

Postby support » 28 January 2017, 18:21

Huge improvement regarding synchronization.
Close to perfect.
Great job, indeed !
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby LightningFM » 28 January 2017, 21:39

Hi Bob,
Thank you for the great comment!

I'm using a quite big number of fixtures.

Parcans, LED lighting and strobes:
There are 10 generic white parcans, which I used in the old video to light the musicians on stage. In the this new version, I've added 10 Expolite TourLed42, in case I need color effect on the artists.
Then there are the lights that are playing on along the piano notes in the beginning: the fixtures are only 4, but each of them has 10 clones.
There are also 6 Atomic 30000 strobes, all around the stage.
So far we have 66 fixtures, and this is just the beginning :lol:

Moving lights:
18 Moving Heads are on the floor of the stage, lined in front of the audience (all turned on at 5:22, on the floor) |"Base"
15 Moving Heads lined on a long truss that covers the entire stage from left to right (all turned on at 5:22, over the stage) | "Alte"
13 Moving Heads are on a big horizontal arch made of several straight trusses (faded yellow entrance at 1:43 with gobo) | "Arco"
7 Moving Heads fixed to a truss over the stage (turned on 4:05, scanning the stage with blue beams) | "Sosp"
8 Moving Heads rigged on some inclined trusses behind the musicians | "B"
6 Moving Heads tactically placed on the side of the structure that held the "notes" | "Back"
2 Moving Heads on the side of the stage (these last three groups "hug" the stage and are visible in action at 0:21) | "Side"

69MHs + 66fixed = 135 fixtures

I'm using stock fixtures, but I edit the profiles, adding or often removing functionalities that aren't visible in the visualizer.
The Moving Heads I used for programming this show are Impression 120RZ "Zoom", but I have added features like Iris, Gobo, Gobo Rotation and a modified lamp. In real life they would be provably something similar to Clay Paky's Mythos.
How many universes does it takes? The show runs on 3 Universes.
I used most of first universe (478 channels) for parcans, "notes", Martin's Atomic 3000 strobes (two channel mode) and the for the Moving Heads groups "Base" and "Alte".
The second universe host the moving lights "Arco" and "Sosp", together with the colored LEDs to illuminate the artists (285 channels).
Finally, I'm using the third universe to control the groups "B", "Back" and "Side" (just 209 channels).
To conclude, I'm attaching few screenshot of how the 3DView setup looks like (pictures might appear cut, if that happens, try decreasing the zoom in Chrome or please check http://i65.tinypic.com/mkvwaw.jpg and /2sa1m53.jpg):

A stage view, highlighting all the fixtures and objects. The "h_1000" in the settings is the 1000th clone of human model.

A view of the stage, including "The Arch" and the crowd.

The Matrix Crowd and the stage.

The best thing is definitely that in the visualizer there are no limit to the budget! :lol:
Thanks again for the comment Bob, hope I answered you questions properly! :)

Thanks Support! Actually, one of the objective of the remake I forgot to write in the first post was to improve the sync.
LightningFM

Postby Bob_be » 31 January 2017, 00:44

Wow, you put ALOT of work and thought into rig. It looks great!

Again, great job and keep it up!

Bob
Bob_be

Postby Bakenectar » 31 January 2017, 16:50

Just watched the enture video and really enjoyed it, I would love to chat about 3d stuff give me a shout when you get a chance
e2424mb@gmail.com

Thanks Baker
Bakenectar

Postby LightningFM » 31 January 2017, 21:59

Thanks! :)
@Baker done, check your inbox
LightningFM

Return to 3DView shows from users