Button trigger dropping inputs

live control with midi devices

Button trigger dropping inputs

Postby djmf » 18 January 2024, 06:16

Hello,

I have set up a button trigger using flash mode, and occasionally it will not recognize an incoming midi note on message, and drops the input. Doing further testing, I used Bome Midi Translator to ensure the midi messages were being received correctly, then passed them to ShowXpress. The midi logger will show every message received, but on occasion, the button does not activate in the Live screen, and no dmx is output.

I tried adding a delay of 50ms to the note off message using Bome, and this seems to have mostly solved the issue, but presents another one- messages within a certain timeframe interrupt the note off message, and the dmx output remains constant. I haven't gotten data on exactly how small an interval is necessary, but i don't think I'm playing the notes less than 50ms apart, that's pretty quick ;o)

Reducing the note off delay below 50ms makes the issue reappear.

Is there any more logging I can attempt to provide? I can see what is happening in real time between Bome logging, showxpress midi logger, the live tab, and showxpress dmx bargraph, but I'm not sure how to relay this data in a way that would be useful.

Edit: Showxpress ver 9.3.8, windows 11 home 64-bit
djmf

Return to Midi