Launchpad Mini Mk3 in Showxpress

live control with midi devices

Launchpad Mini Mk3 in Showxpress

Postby abwilson » 28 August 2021, 04:04

I have a launchpad mini mk3 and it is connected via usb to my computer running showxpress. When I change between custom modes I can see the midi input in the logger but when I go to use the pads within a custom mode I get no input on the logger.

I have tried using the default custom pages for the launchpad which should be outputting midi notes. I also created a custom page with various notes but neither have worked.

If you have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong or if there is something I am missing with this setup I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!
abwilson

Re: Launchpad Mini Mk3 in Showxpress

Postby support » 30 August 2021, 07:48

We presently do not know what is the problem, but FYI:
the midi log window of our software is supposed to display all midi message coming from the selected midi device, even those not handled by our software.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby abwilson » 06 September 2021, 05:27

As I mentioned in my first message the midi logger does show output when I change between custom modes but when I have it in my custom mode which has midi notes assigned to it I get nothing
abwilson

Postby support » 06 September 2021, 07:24

If we right understand:
- in one mode of the midi device, our software shows the midi messages.
- in another mode of the midi device, our software does not show any midi message.
So it looks this is controlled by the midi device.
Then we need to know more about the midi output differences between these two modes.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Midi