MIDI IN not recognized in preferences section of Show Xpress

live control with midi devices

MIDI IN not recognized in preferences section of Show Xpress

Postby techdproductions » 04 November 2020, 15:05

Currently in the master class phase of Show Xpress. I'm watching the tutorial on how to setup my midi board in order to start triggering scenes with it. I'm using an Akai mpk mini 25 key, Windows 10 64 bit. When I go to preferences, the MIDI IN section has an X where the check mark should be. The MIDI OUT section is checked, but its not recognizing my device. I have tried several different usb cords, as well as different usb ports. The midi device is also working properly in Ableton, which tells me its probably something within Show Xpress. Can anyone point me in the right direction?????
techdproductions

Re: MIDI IN not recognized in preferences section of Show Xp

Postby support » 04 November 2020, 18:46

If we right understand, the Akai mpk mini 25 is not available in the dropdown list in the column "Midi device" (?) (please confirm this).

If yes, this may be Ableton which makes an exclusive use of the midi device. If this is the case, then when our software aks the Operating System for available midi devices, the OS does not list the Akai mpk mini 25. To check that please close the Ableton software and re-open our software.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Midi