Closing App does not turn off LED on APC MINI MIDI controlle

live control with midi devices

Closing App does not turn off LED on APC MINI MIDI controlle

Postby marknash » 29 June 2018, 16:59

I have moved MIDI trigger assignments around to different buttons on one of my APC MINIs. Now when I exit the program, the LED does not turn off for several of the buttons. These buttons did have old trigger assignments for scenes that no longer exist.

I have looked at the Live.ini and it looks correct. Scenes are being triggered properly, but the LED does not turn off when the program shuts down.

How can I reset the MIDI assignments and get these APC MINI buttons to behave properly?
marknash

Re: Closing App does not turn off LED on APC MINI MIDI contr

Postby support » 05 July 2018, 10:12

Please post a link to download your lightshow (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... ?f=3&t=168).
We will check that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby marknash » 16 July 2018, 19:18

I believe this is a bug with the APC Mini.

Using the Apple MIDI Monitor, I verified that the ShowXPress is sending the correct MIDI messages to turn the LEDs off.

With a little research, I discovered what people are calling a bug in the APC Mini. To correct this bug they suggest using a MIDI translator, Bome MIDI Translator Pro. Here's the YouTube link that explained what the issue is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYMRiGQtTz0

Essentially, in the MIDI Translator Pro application, you set up a translation between "Note Off" and the raw MIDI code "90 pp 00". MIDI Translator Pro intercepts the "Note Off" message destined to the APC Mini and replaces it with "90 pp 00".

This fixed my problem.

Not sure if there's anything that can be done about this on your end for APC MINI's. Many people using your software use the APC MINI.
marknash

Postby support » 17 July 2018, 09:00

Thank you for this report.
But please note that we have the APC Mini to, and we do not have this problem.
We just set the parameter "Data2 Off" to "0". And then the LED of the button switches off as expected.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Midi