APC Mini: Cant get buttons to light up

live control with midi devices

APC Mini: Cant get buttons to light up

Postby detroitcreative » 27 March 2018, 15:17

Im using the current version but regardless of what number i choose in the midi out section of button triggers, no lights. Ive exhausted the videos online. No one is using version 8 on PC.
detroitcreative

Re: APC Mini: Cant get buttons to light up

Postby BartKrap » 27 March 2018, 17:10

Have you enabled both midi input and output for your apc mini?
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby detroitcreative » 27 March 2018, 18:46

BartKrap wrote:Have you enabled both midi input and output for your apc mini?

Yes.
detroitcreative

Postby detroitcreative » 27 March 2018, 19:13

Forget it. Version 8 is just terrible. Back on V7 and all works fine there.....
detroitcreative

Postby BartKrap » 28 March 2018, 09:40

detroitcreative wrote:Forget it. Version 8 is just terrible. Back on V7 and all works fine there.....

I have three apc mini's working with V8 just fine so it's definitly not a software problem.
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby SeekLighting » 28 March 2018, 13:36

detroitcreative wrote:Forget it. Version 8 is just terrible. Back on V7 and all works fine there.....

Version 8 has soooooo many better features over 7 man, Fixture based programming is the biggest one of these. I too have my buttons lighting up just fine with version 8 on both my novation launchpad and Akai apc40.

I'm sure there must be some solution to your issue here. If not, having your buttons light up i believe is a small tradeoff compared to the benefits of V8 over V7 anyway, but that's just my opinion. Understandable if having the buttons light up is important to your show (IE unable to see buttons In a dark venue without it etc), so hopefully we can find a solution here. I can't contribute much else than what has already been said with ensuring Midi Out is ticked, cloning midi in and sending the data correctly
SeekLighting

Postby BartKrap » 29 March 2018, 16:03

Maybe you could even try to put V7 and V8 next to each other and see if you can find some differences, maybe you've missed something very obvious. I do it a lot when I have a problem that wasn't there earlier.
BartKrap

Postby thorehl » 06 June 2018, 09:50

Apc mini and V8 is pure love :D
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Return to Midi