Midicon fader issue

live control with midi devices

Midicon fader issue

Postby tlight » 18 February 2015, 23:27

The issue I am experiencing is having the Midicon's fader from one page remain in control of its assigned function even after switching the page on the Midicon. So say I have the Midicon's page 14 faders 1, 2 & 3 assigned to control par cans RGB functions. I adjust the colors to a desired level. Then I switch to page 16 on the Midicon to use the faders on other functions and the faders will continue to adjust the par cans RGB until I move the fader all the way to the bottom, or off. Then I get the response of the faders programmed on page 16. This makes the usage of the Midicon faders on multiple pages useless.

Setup:
Created the Live faders in ShowXpress with scenes. Created two step scenes in Editor, with the appropriate DMX channel, with opposite values on each step. Linked a button to that scene in Live and set the "Fader" function on the button. Assigned it to a CC from the Midicon and it works perfectly, except when I change the Midicon's page. :cry:
tlight

Re: Midicon fader issue

Postby tlight » 19 February 2015, 18:33

Elation provided a reason as to why the faders operate as they do.

From Elation's forum:
The faders are designed as latching playbacks so that the playback retains control of its function until released. Bringing the fader down to latch onto the current assigned page is by design. This is how the Midicon is supposed to operate.

Back to the drawing board...
tlight

Return to Midi