Generic Dimmers

post here general topics for software

Generic Dimmers

Postby saintewart » 09 November 2022, 09:57

Firstly want to apologise for my lack of understanding - very inexperienced with lighting so you'll have to bare with me!

I'm hoping to use Sweetlight as a replacement for a manual lighting desk in the school I work in, but our lighting system is quite antiquated. We have bars of lights (just static par cans, fresnels and floods) running into 4 dimmer packs (I believe they are Zero 88 betapack 2s) which we then operate by DMX.

I have a DMX-USB adapter which all seems set up correctly, but I'm struggling in the Sweetlight software to insert the fittings. I've looked at some instructional videos but they all seem to be for much more sophisticated lights than ours (we don't need to operate colour changes, pan/tilt etc). I just want to be able to map each patch on each dimmer pack to a fader on screen to fade up and down, and eventually automate scenes.

Is there a 'dummy's guide' for working with dimmer packs in Sweetlight?

Many thanks
saintewart

Re: Generic Dimmers

Postby support » 09 November 2022, 15:13

First of all, we have to create a library for your dimmer pack.
Please tell how many channels has the dimmer pack, and we will do the personality file for you.

Afterwards, you will find the tuto here: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewforum.php?f=105
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software