v10 Release Updates?

post here general topics for software

v10 Release Updates?

Postby muscanto » 29 July 2022, 18:46

Where are you at on releasing previews of version 10?

I understand your previous position on releasing the newest version but the reality is that it could be YEARS before supply chains return to normal.

This doesn't stop Ford, Honda, and Toyota from releasing new cars. Or HP/DELL from releasing new computers.

We need to navigate through this together. I see your interfaces are in stock at most of the places that carry them.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -interface
https://www.amazon.com/Chauvet-1024-Lig ... 074&sr=8-6
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... buJFwYa8-k
https://www.idjnow.com/chauvet-dj-xpres ... rface.html

If anything, you can create demand and raise your prices if this new version is really going to drive sales.

Or make the software available as a purchasable upgrade for us dedicated users that have been on the platform for years. I would gladly pay for the new features.
muscanto

Re: v10 Release Updates?

Postby Born2Rock » 17 August 2022, 16:09

IM curious WHAT the new features are .
Born2Rock

Postby muscanto » 17 August 2022, 16:24

I've requested lots of things I am am often getting replies that "It will be in the next release" So there must be a long list of new features.

It's frustrating because I need these things NOW, not in 4 years.
muscanto

Postby dumbfungus » 10 November 2022, 03:59

just digging this up. I agree that we are nearly 3 years of no movement. so many industries have adopted to building as fast as possible, and these days customers aren't surprised by waiting times.

a new version will sell interfaces, whether or not they physically go out the door that day , or 3 months when the order is fulfilled. the sale has happened either way.

please and thanks, respectfully,
dumbfungus

Postby muscanto » 10 November 2022, 15:17

dumbfungus wrote:many industries have adopted to building as fast as possible, and these days customers aren't surprised by waiting times.

Couldn't agree more.
muscanto

Postby livetechproductions » 12 January 2023, 11:31

Any news on this? Or does it stay in complete silence....
livetechproductions

Postby muscanto » 12 January 2023, 13:36

Nope, and support has basically stop responding about it. The excuse has been logistics and production of their interface is behind and it would reduce the sales boost they would get with a new release but I think the reality is, they don't have the developers to get the product ready and out the door since it seems as though there's been almost no development since covid began.
muscanto

Postby dumbfungus » 19 January 2023, 02:32

muscanto wrote:Nope, and support has basically stop responding about it. The excuse has been logistics and production of their interface is behind and it would reduce the sales boost they would get with a new release but I think the reality is, they don't have the developers to get the product ready and out the door since it seems as though there's been almost no development since covid began.

I’m pretty close to jumping ship to another (any other) platform because there’s things I’m hoping (expecting?) in v10 that I can’t wait much longer for.

I have a dmx1024 and the older dmx512 box that I’ll likely list before summer if we don’t get more info / updates
dumbfungus

Postby muscanto » 19 January 2023, 02:42

I'm in the same boat.

I'm currently looking at onyx/obsidian. I hate to switch out 5 interfaces but I will to get the features that I need.
muscanto

Postby support » 23 January 2023, 09:19

FYI: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... 140#p30799

In the meantime, no wasted time. We are still improving the new software. This new software will be our bigger project.

For those who leave us, we respect. We ask you just one favor. Visit our forum let's say one time every two months, and when you will see the new software on line, have a quick look at it and let us know wheter it was worth waiting for it.

For those who say bad things about us, please open your eyes. Make some Google research, and try to accept our new world. If you prefer to wear blinders, it is your choice. Then do what ever you want but do not say bad things about us that you will be not proud of later.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to General software