Proper LightShow Export

post here general topics for software

Proper LightShow Export

Postby djdad » 26 February 2020, 16:49

I found a LightShow of Sweetlight in the computer's venue, owner asked for changes and improvements and thought i could export the show and work with it on my home computer.
However, when i imported and open the show, there were no fixtures patched and only a few buttons in Live.
From what i understand, the original author, created custom fixtures but did not export them ? and therefore the buttons do not appear as the fixtures actually dont exist ??

So, my question is..
What is the proper saving procedure for scenes etc and exporting custom fixtures ? As far as i can tell, Sweetlight by default is saving show information at C:\Program Files\SweetLight\lightshows\ which means that unless you dont right-click and run Sweetlight as Admin, it wont allow you to save there, correct ?
Wouldnt be more "appropriate" to save lightshows (along with custom fixtures) in User\Documents\SweetLight\lightshows\ folder ?

If i manage to locate the missing data (custom fixtures etc), should i put them in the Lightshow folder and then choose to Export ?
djdad

Re: Proper LightShow Export

Postby support » 26 February 2020, 19:03

The folder "lightshows" in "C:/Program Files/YourSoftware/" contains a spare demo lightshow which can be imported into the software. We will rename this folder to "lightshows_bank" in order to avoid mixing up with the folder "lightshow" from the home_directory where are your lightshows.

All lightshows are stored by default in "home_directory/TheLightingController/LightShows/" (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... ?f=3&t=168).

The function "export lightshow" exports the current lightshow to a chosen location.
The function "import lightshow" imports a chosen lightshow into the default lightshow location (home_directory).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software