Issues with V9

post here general topics for software

Re: Issues with V9

Postby JohnRichards » 14 November 2018, 04:13

I also have a problem with the colour and have tried to modify the colours with a little bit of success,
but it would be great if Support could issue and make available a "lightskin.ini" to download which would be the old colours.
Also, they have come this far, it would be fantastic if the software allowed skin change with viewable pallette.
John
JohnRichards

Postby BartKrap » 17 November 2018, 22:58

JohnRichards wrote:I also have a problem with the colour and have tried to modify the colours with a little bit of success,
but it would be great if Support could issue and make available a "lightskin.ini" to download which would be the old colours.
Also, they have come this far, it would be fantastic if the software allowed skin change with viewable pallette.
John

For the old look, go to File - Preferences - Color Theme and change it to default OLD
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby JohnRichards » 18 November 2018, 08:58

I have, and it is exactly the same as "Default"
JohnRichards

Postby JohnRichards » 18 November 2018, 11:04

I have now reinstalled V9, and it still only gives me only one option for colour preference. (default).
It would be appreciated if someone could post the old default file.
Thanks
John
JohnRichards

Postby Bob_be » 18 November 2018, 19:00

I can confirm that I am also unable to change to the default OLD theme. It still uses the dark theme no matter which is selected in preferences.

I tried coping the contents of the default OLD files and pasting in the default theme file. Still no success.

I am, also, using Windows 7 Home. Not sure if this is a Windows 7 issue or not. If someone with a Windows 10 computer that it works properly under could try switching the Compatibility mode to Win 7 and see if they can reproduce the problem? (Just a thought)

Bob
Bob_be

Postby JohnRichards » 21 November 2018, 12:55

Have I hit a brick wall here.
@Support - surely you guys have the file if you say the software creates it on install.

John
JohnRichards

Postby support » 21 November 2018, 17:47

There may have been a second file in the theme folder, but it was an oversight. And we do not have it anymore.
There is only one official theme.
The reason of the file in the theme folder was to help us to create this theme.
This file can be edited and modified at your own risks (just make a copy of it in case of).
But please, note that some parts of the UI are not customizable (like the section "channels" in the tab "Steps").
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby ConnifBoudoin » 18 December 2018, 19:48

I looked at the default.ini file located in the "themes" folder under light controller and there are 3 values that you can change and those will make most of the black shade stuff white or gray depending on what colors you want to use. You would have to spend some time to make all the components back to what the original was. I can understand how this can be a daunting task. If you make any item colors that are next to each other the same, you lose your separation between text and buttons and anything else. Someone that has some time could sit down and figure this out. I spent about an hour just to figure out where the three I wanted to change would be on the screen after the change. The link that was sent out earlier helps with knowing what values to put in the ini to get the colors that you want for each item in the program. To start, copy the default ini file that is in themes folder to your desktop and rename it. Then copy it back into the themes folder so you have both files there the default one and the one you copied back in with the new name. Now you have a file you can change to and see the changes while leaving the default file there. After you make a change to the new ini file you created you can go to preferences and select the new file and hit apply and see what the change is that you made.

I hope this helps anyone wanting to change colors. You can always go back to the default dark theme if you mess your new one up. Document your work so you know what you changed that was right, so if you mess up you can recreate the changes you made that did work.
Thanks
Connif
ConnifBoudoin

Postby support » 18 December 2018, 22:30

With the keys "ctrl + shift + t", the program reloads the theme file (useful for fast screen refresh).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby rmloud » 04 May 2019, 21:43

ConnifBoudoin wrote:I looked at the default.ini file located in the "themes" folder under light controller and there are 3 values that you can change and those will make most of the black shade stuff white or gray depending on what colors you want to use. You would have to spend some time to make all the components back to what the original was. I can understand how this can be a daunting task. If you make any item colors that are next to each other the same, you lose your separation between text and buttons and anything else. Someone that has some time could sit down and figure this out. I spent about an hour just to figure out where the three I wanted to change would be on the screen after the change. The link that was sent out earlier helps with knowing what values to put in the ini to get the colors that you want for each item in the program. To start, copy the default ini file that is in themes folder to your desktop and rename it. Then copy it back into the themes folder so you have both files there the default one and the one you copied back in with the new name. Now you have a file you can change to and see the changes while leaving the default file there. After you make a change to the new ini file you created you can go to preferences and select the new file and hit apply and see what the change is that you made.

I hope this helps anyone wanting to change colors. You can always go back to the default dark theme if you mess your new one up. Document your work so you know what you changed that was right, so if you mess up you can recreate the changes you made that did work.
Thanks
Connif

Has anyone created a lighter .ini version that we can download yet?
rmloud

Previous

Return to General software