Computer-to-computer control

post here general topics for software

Computer-to-computer control

Postby bratnetwork » 11 October 2018, 01:52

I searched Google a ton and found nothing and I searched on here and found some older threads that didn't really answer my question.

I the TD of a new church campus and we are running a handful of basic LED fixtures controles by ShowXpress. We run two iMacs, one with presentation software and one with ShowXpress and a few other programs. I want to start programming some midi commands to trigger ShowXpress and other programs via our presentation software, but I really want to have ShowXpress running on the same computer as the presentation software, but I also want it to be accessible from the other computer as well for times that we have more complex services and a separate operator for both.

How can I control ShowXpress on one computer from another computer? Everything online and YouTube shows how to do it with mobile apps and such, but I want it from Mac to Mac.

Thank you
bratnetwork

Re: Computer-to-computer control

Postby Cablecr69 » 11 October 2018, 09:08

Not the perfect solution but if the MACs are on the same newtork you can set up sharing and screen share from on mac to another. Using screen share allows you to use the other mac as if you were in front of it and its all in the OS.

Not perfect but would do it.....not sure if any latency would be a problem though.

Plus you could use the IOS app for showxpress on an ipad to trgger buttons timelines etc Doesnt give full use but you can trigger scenes, timelines etc.

Chris
Cablecr69

Re: Computer-to-computer control

Postby support » 11 October 2018, 15:42

It is also possible to control the screen Live via Ethernet messages, but you have to program your own application.
FYI: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =72&t=4183
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software