Bug: English text labels not displayed

post here general topics for software

Re: Bug: English text labels not displayed

Postby Niffo » 13 February 2017, 11:59

We have received your zip file but we are not able to reproduce your problem, even with your "ShowXpress" directory.
We think it is possible that you have multiple installations of the software in different directories or files manually installed with various accounts rights so we recommend to, from an administrator account :
- Uninstall all the "TheLightingController" software ("ShowXpress", "QuickDmx", "SweetLight", ...) from the Windows Control Panel => "Uninstall softwares"
- Delete all possible "ShowXpress", "QuickDmx", "SweetLight" ... directories in the directory "Program Files (x86)" and/or "Program Files" (you will not lose your lightshows)
- Reinstall the right complete software who matches with your DMX interface from an administrator account.

Regards.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby marknash » 13 February 2017, 12:47

Done. Same problem. I have been using an Administrator-level account the whole time that I've been using ShowXPress.
marknash

Postby support » 13 February 2017, 15:12

Please try with this attached file.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby marknash » 13 February 2017, 15:25

Thank you. The problem still persists.

When I double-click the ShowXPress program shortcut from my desktop, the program loads and I have the text label problem.

When I right-click the ShowXPress program shortcut on my desktop, and choose "Run As Administrator", the program loads and everything looks fine.

My account is an adminstrator account. I've attached a screen shot to show that.
marknash

Postby pogjack » 14 April 2017, 17:35

Anything on this. I downloaded the English file and no change. I also have to open up the program in "Run as Admin" for the labels to look right.
pogjack

Postby support » 17 April 2017, 17:47

Sorry but no.
No way to reproduce this problem.
And we presently do not understand why an admin/non admin account would change the access to a text file.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jaydee » 19 June 2017, 23:49

Oddly enough I get this exact same problem. The funny thing is that I have another laptop (same type as my "show") and version 8.2.18 runs fine with no problem displaying all text correctly. I just installed 8.2.23 on my "show" laptop and it only shows the text if I right click and run as admin. WTF???
jaydee

Postby Auto123 » 25 December 2017, 01:47

Same for me here, i only see correct labels when i start program runned as administrator.
Auto123

Previous

Return to General software