Feature Request: Auto BPM under Live

post here general topics for software

Feature Request: Auto BPM under Live

Postby osuarez » 08 October 2016, 20:01

Currently, to use this feature it works off the PC microphone and captures the audio which it uses to activate the BPM. What I'm requesting is can the BPM be updated to allow the user to edit the frequency that BPM works off of? Can it be setup so I can minimize the higher frequencies and only have it capture or work off the lower frequencies like the bass or in some cases remove the bass and highs and go off the mids. Can the frequency bars be edited individually? My plan is to connect my mixer into the mic input of the PC and remove any environmental sounds. I believe this would improve the response when using BPM. Any thoughts on this and can it be done?
osuarez

Re: Feature Request: Auto BPM under Live

Postby support » 09 October 2016, 18:01

We presently think it is not possible to get the right BPM of any song with accuracy, in real time.

If you now a software which does that well, in real time, please let us know.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby BartKrap » 09 October 2016, 20:53

support wrote:We presently think it is not possible to get the right BPM of any song with accuracy, in real time.

If you now a software which does that well, in real time, please let us know.

Maybe take a look at the way compushow (in Europe it's called sunlight) does it.

Here's the video that Arnoldo Offermann made about this feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhWG6UX ... kXqNUHuchu
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby support » 09 October 2016, 22:07

This video shows that there are a lot of options, but it does not show what we are looking for.
We would like to hear three or four different kind of musics, and we would like to see the BPM displayed in real time by the software.
FYI, the most difficult goals are:
- the time to get the BPM of the new song
- the drift of the BPM, during the whole song
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby osuarez » 19 October 2016, 14:39

Does this video help?

https://youtu.be/TK2_BVzbV7s

This shows how to set it up in Lumidesk which I have used before and works well with midi clock, but if you forward to 3:30 that is where they show the show with music and BPM Midi Clock working.

I am sorry about the delay in my response but I subscribed to the discussion but never got a notification that updates occurred.
osuarez

Postby support » 19 October 2016, 15:11

No. This video (time 3:30) has nothing to do with your first post.

I subscribed to the discussion but never got a notification that updates occurred.

We see two possibilities:
1. the email address in your profile is wrong
2. the emails from our forum go in your spam box
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby osuarez » 19 October 2016, 15:54

Well the other user provided that information but you said you wanted to see what it looked like with music, So I provided you an example of midi clock going to the beat of the music, but once again you say it is not helpful. What do you want? It is not like I am going to go out a buy a $500 piece of equipment to shoot a video for you.
osuarez

Postby osuarez » 19 October 2016, 16:00

email address under profile is correct. under inbox, spam or trash there are no emails from this forum.
osuarez

Return to General software