converting every .sce files to .scex files

post here general topics for software

converting every .sce files to .scex files

Postby av-shack » 02 August 2016, 20:25

Hi, I understand to move a fixture in V8 to a different position in the universe I need to first save all the files to scex so the fixture based programs can move with it, but can not see how to do this? Could you please tell how to convert the entire show so I can move any fixture in the future. I use timelines for every track so moving one fixture to a different address could mess up an awful lot of programing if I get it wrong.

Thanks
av-shack

Re: converting every file to scex

Postby support » 02 August 2016, 20:49

When the option "Auto convert .sce files to .scex at launch" is checked, V8 makes a copy of all .sce scenes in .scex format.
Nothing more. V8 keeps the V7 organization in tab Live. It would be too intrusive and too sensible to change it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: converting every .sce files to .scex files

Postby av-shack » 02 August 2016, 21:06

Hi, Sorry i don't quite understand what you've just said? So are you saying i can't move my fixtures or are you saying I can?

Thanks
av-shack

Re: converting every .sce files to .scex files

Postby support » 03 August 2016, 08:14

Your lightshow stays a V7 lightshow.

If you decide to transform it in a pure V8 lightshow, in Live (for buttons, and blocks in TimeLine), you have to:
- replace manually the .sce files made in Steps by .scex files, using the menu "Change file".
- remove the buttons/blocks linked to .sce files generated by Generator/Pixels, and add new native Generator/Pixels files buttons/blocks
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software