[V8.1.0] Imported lightshow crashes [fixed with V8.1.10]

post here general topics for software

[V8.1.0] Imported lightshow crashes [fixed with V8.1.10]

Postby EvanHopps » 30 July 2016, 07:33

I have a show that I have imported and it imported just fine, ran as it should, midi input worked perfect, and the Xpress 512P was recognized with no issue. At the end of the show I closed the program and that was it.

The next day I go to add some more stuff to it and when I opened it, it loads most of the way and then displays a message "Fonction : Steps_LoadBinaryScene:Unsupported file format." Upon clicking OK 90% of the time it crashes, and a lucky 10% of the time it seems to function just fine.

What I found works just fine is if I rename the show folder before I open the program it opens without issues to a blank show, then I can go File>Open Lightshow and click on the previously "broken" show file that I renamed and it opens just fine. Then if I close the program and open it again it gives me that same "Fonction : Steps_LoadBinaryScene:Unsupported file format" and crashes.

I am running software version 8.1.0.0

Thanks guys, and I am sorry if this has already been addressed, I've been working on this for quite a few many hours and nothing has come up on searches.
EvanHopps

Re: Imported Show Crashes On Second Load

Postby Niffo » 30 July 2016, 10:02

Can you please try with the latest fix file : http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... are/V8/new
Niffo
Administrateur

Re: [V8.1.0] Imported Show Crashes On Second Load

Postby EvanHopps » 31 July 2016, 06:15

Thank you very much, that provided me with the tools to solve the issue!

I copied the fixed executable into the program directory, overwriting the old version, which identifies itself as 8.1.10. Upon booting it displayed a similar error only this time it read out the file path for a scene file that said was in incorrect format, and upon clicking okay it just opened the program and ran great. I went to the scene file that said was causing the issue and it was an old file that wasn't even used in my show anymore so I just deleted it and now it boots up just fine with no issues.

The weird thing now is this program now appears very different between my two computers who had the software installed at the same time with the same version and always updated at the same time, and now running the 8.1.10 fix software.
The text on one of the computers in the preferences, for example, seem unfinished, as well as a few other places. The Midi tab on the correct PC reads under the "MIDI In enable" checkbox reads "#", "Status", Midi device" but on the other computer reads "Grd" "Grd_Mid", "Grd_MidiDevices|0|2". It does a similar naming scheme in a lot of other places as well.

Both seem to function just fine, its just odd its so different.
EvanHopps

Postby Niffo » 31 July 2016, 07:29

It seems you did not copy the language files of the fix archive.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby EvanHopps » 31 July 2016, 08:58

You were right, I did forget to copy those over. I saw the .app folder and just assumed the rest were for the fix on Mac. It fixed the issue on my computer, which was the second screenshot. I hadn't noticed it was being weird on some of the other tabs.

But the venue computer which was the first screenshot seems unchanged, so I uninstalled the software on that one and made sure all the files were removed, rebooted and reinstalled and it was still the same. I wonder if it is the computer itself being weird..
EvanHopps

Postby Niffo » 02 August 2016, 16:01

EvanHopps wrote:But the venue computer which was the first screenshot seems unchanged, so I uninstalled the software on that one and made sure all the files were removed, rebooted and reinstalled and it was still the same. I wonder if it is the computer itself being weird..

This is necessarily a language file problem. You have to replace all the language ".ini" files in the "C:/{Program Files}/{TheLightingProgram}/TheLightingController/language/" with those in the archive.
Niffo
Administrateur

Re: [V8.1.0] Imported lightshow crashes [fixed with V8.1.10]

Postby EvanHopps » 06 August 2016, 04:36

Its still doing it just on that one computer even with deleting the whole directory and replacing it and even from a fresh install on 8.1.0. My guess is something must be wong with the computer itself? I need to do a fresh install of Windows 10 in the next week or so on it and then ill try again.
EvanHopps

Return to General software