Corrupt light show

post here general topics for software

Corrupt light show

Postby Alan_G13 » 15 July 2016, 11:25

Hi

We have a problem with a light show crashing ShowXpress. If SX is launched as normal, it doesn't open at all, just instantly crashes. We've had this problem before and the solution you gave us was to delete the default lightshow from the .ini file, which we've done and SX opens again without a problem. However, when we reload the lightshow into the software it instantly crashes again, so I guess the lightshow itself is corrupt. This is a bit of a panic post as the venue need the lightshow again for tonight's entertainment if you could take a look at it please. I've attached the file here

Many thanks

Alan
Alan_G13

Re: Corrupt light show

Postby support » 15 July 2016, 15:36

It does not crash with us, with same software version than yours (V8.1.13), but the scenes linked to the buttons in Live are not existing in your lightshow !
Please have a look at "live.ini", and check the lines starting with "name = ", like this one:
name = C:/Users/30-Ents.30-PC-ENTS/TheLightingController/LightShows/All Chases/Pink Green ALL.sce

We do not know why is this, but we suggest you to put the scenes in the lightshow, and to update "live.ini" with the correct path, for each button. Please note that, the path is supposed to be relative ; this means the correct line is supposed to be
name = Pink Green ALL.sce
whatever is the name of your lightshow.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby AJtrib » 25 January 2018, 14:35

Newbe Question , how do you check / find to look at ( "live.ini", and check the lines starting with "name = ", like this one: ) and also where to find location to delete the default lightshow from the .ini file,? I am trying to work out why Im getting "sx not responding" messages
AJtrib

Postby support » 25 January 2018, 15:44

Please read this to make the software start with another lightshow: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =75&t=5435
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software