[request] blackout function

post here general topics for software

[request] blackout function

Postby djdanlib » 25 October 2015, 01:08

Does this go here? I could really use a blackout function. Right now I've got a sort-of-blackout scene that sets RGB to 2, because it's a little wonky if I go zero. If I had two wishes, I'd ask for a blackout button that could be set to either momentary or toggled, because sometimes the bands want the lights to cut at a particular cue, and I have to wait for it instead of programming the whole show.
djdanlib

Re: FR for a blackout function?

Postby mondinga » 08 November 2015, 22:41

Option #1:

Create a black out scene for each fixture type. Link all of those scenes to your designated blackout button on your midi controller or hot key on your keyboard. We use this feature and it does work, but the response is kind of slow. I don't where the limitation is coming from, but different fixtures will black out faster than others.

Option #2:

Use the Master Dimmer. Assign the channels you want to control with your master dimmer by right clicking it and checking the channels you want to control. Its not a "snap" per say, but it does work.

Side Note - This is something that has been requested for awhile, but it doesn't appear to be in the works.
mondinga

Re: [request] blackout function

Postby FlipC » 07 December 2015, 18:41

Ctrl Shift Z - turns all buttons off.

Which is why I believe there isn't a "button" for it.
Instead it's a macro.
FlipC

Return to General software