Fixture Address Change

post here general topics for software

Fixture Address Change

Postby andy16h » 06 May 2015, 22:47

I'm in a unfortunate situation where the only solution was to change the address of most of my fixtures. Is there any way to adjust my programs to the new addresses? I'm ok with purchasing software. Pretty good with computer programming and have looked at the .sce file and cant come up with a easy way to do this. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Xpress 512
Windows 7
Most recent version of ShowXpress
andy16h

Re: Fixture Address Change

Postby support » 07 May 2015, 07:40

When you change the address of only one fixture, you can use the "dmx patch".
But if you change the address of several fixtures, the "dmx patch" will not be suitable for this. You will have to edit each scene and use the "cut/paste channels" functions.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby zkflow » 22 May 2015, 22:42

andy16h wrote:...and have looked at the .sce file and cant come up with a easy way to do this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

You need to edit manually all the .sce's
zkflow

Postby TazteTheLightz » 05 August 2015, 23:29

andy16h,

Since you haven't really received any good help from anyone other than zkflow (how you interpret what I just said is up to you :-)), I'll let you know what I just found out.

Since you stated you are pretty good with computer programming, you can definitely manually edit all of the .sce files. They follow a very simple format:

132 bytes of header info (with the file names, which I am guessing you don't care to change), including a break before the data.
2048 bytes of the DMX output (what should interest you).
Footer info (I haven't seen if there is anything useful here yet).

I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, but what I would probably do if I were you is whip up a rudimentary program in your language of choice to manipulate all of the scene files at once, swapping positions in the DMX universe as needed. I'd test one scene out, and see what happens in either the 3D viewer or connected to physical fixtures, then go from there.

I hope this helps!
TazteTheLightz

Return to General software