[Big request] CueList

post here general topics for software

[Big request] CueList

Postby Lighter007 » 02 September 2014, 19:35

Hello everybody and welcome to the CueList thread!

I watched a lot of ideas in this forum, some people had great ideas and some just said they want to have feature X and feature Y.
Everyone who is waiting for new features should know that it is a lot of work, from the first concept to deciding how to program. You are still working on v7 and fixing bugs etc but I really love that you still want to introduce new features.

This is an awesome software with a HUGE potential.
I am sure many people, not just lighting designers for bands and DJs are looking for a good software. And there is for example this gap with the cue list. If this one would be filled, the software will be a complete-equipped program wich can serve the lights for every task: Theater, DJ, Live bands, Pixel animation, Timeline Lightshows and more.
The first one is missing yet and this is exactly the point which can convince people to use this software.
(I wrote that here already viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3234)

The CueList. A big project. I have made a layout how the CueList can look like (This is an simple example of a show):

Here are the basics:
1. Cue - A cue can be a light scene (NOT just one step of the scene) or an audio file or an video file
2. Next-Cue-Bar (Blue) - The bar shows the pre-loaded cue which will be played when GO is pressed
-> The coloumn "Goto..." sets the bar on the predefined next Cue to start
3. GO-Button - Can be triggered via space ; plays the cue which is preloaded (Blue Next-Cue-Bar)
4. Control Cue - Interacts with active cues (e.g. fading volume up/down) [The coloumn "Control Target" shows which controls what]

This might be the most important features. So here are some of my ideas:
- Timeline-Cue - starting a prepared Timeline (just like a Timeline-button)
- Autostart [green little arrow] (simultaneously:) Starts the preloaded cue and also starts the following cue the same time // (afterwards:) when one Cue is finished the next one starts automatically
- Pre-/Post time (Pre:) The time the Cue waits when GO is pressed until it starts (Post:) The time the blue bar waits until it jumps to the next Cue (both are helpful for autostart)
- Keyterms (small window up right) Some notes for the light technician when to hit GO
- Stop/Play/Resume/Pause - Does the action with a predefined Cue (anywhere else in the list)
- Organizing Cues into sub-folders
-Go function for live_mobile

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
How about this ideas? You have any others? And @support: How many are actually realizeable?

I orienteered on other programs like QLab, Multiplay and also this topic: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1060
As you can see, many users would welcome a CueList introduction. It may be hard to program but it is the last big step to the fully-equipped Software. It would be awesome if the developers could introduce this feature in a further version and I think that I speak for everyone involved when I say that.

Thank you for all your work.
Best regards
Lighter007
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Re: [Big request] CueList

Postby LightWorx » 03 September 2014, 01:56

For many of us who have extensive shows developed I think a more simplified approach will work. We currently have the option to trigger steps within a scene (which are actually new scenes) from the sound or BPM trigger. Can we just add the option to select a button press as a trigger to a multi-step scene? This will allow us to trigger each step to the timing of a live production without a complete software re-write. As mentioned in another post the spacebar would be an ideal trigger button for this option. Is there any support for this feature or am I thinking way to simple here?
LightWorx

Postby support » 03 September 2014, 09:54

First of all, thank you "Lighter007" for the time you spent to do this nice screenshot.

We effectively think that, to meet this proposition, it might be faster to re-write a new software from scratch.
We are looking for something more easy.

FYI, a VIP partner asked us two vertical lists of scenes (or steps ?), with an horizontal slider between them, to fade from left list to right list, and vice-versa. Finally a bit like a DJ software does.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby FraBob » 04 September 2014, 17:02

great work and ideas "Lighter007" !!
are very supportive of the proposal!

Ps. in addition to the software now i use (which I preferred), a professional theater lighting mixer (48ch): as soon as I can I take a picture to the programming screen ... maybe you can help ...

sorry for the English
FraBob

Return to General software