V7 - Review

post here general topics for software

V7 - Review

Postby jcaniford » 15 April 2014, 06:28

So far I really like the One window feel. colors could use some tweaking, but again we are at alpha.

With the generator - i think it would be great to be able to have an export to straight to the steps tab.
Another possible neat add one is to have steps within steps within steps, sounds crazy but think about it..... you have your master step, substep1 maybe has the movers doing a movement pattern/color and sub step 2 using another set of movers doing a different thing. since they all fall under the master step, its like building macros. A thought, not something solid.

As mentioned prior being able to move fixtures around with different DMX channels to me is a must. Im sure its in the work and if we lose all the pre-made scenes from V6 and have to start fresh so be it! I'd be willing to do that to have that feature.

I would like to get a better understanding if you could on the hold up with Apple computers and using their mic for sound active? so many other programs use the built in apple. I read somewhere that it was because you'd need a developer account with apple, i will gladly donate to pay for that.

is there a list anywhere of new features?
jcaniford

Re: V7 - Review

Postby support » 15 April 2014, 09:41

Thank you for your comments.
There is no "new features" list. In fact, there is no new features. The target of V7 is to reorganize years of improvements in V6, in a more compact & friendly software. As soon as V7 is stable, we will start adding new features again.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: V7 - Review

Postby DJMichaelk » 05 June 2014, 02:43

jcaniford wrote:With the generator - i think it would be great to be able to have an export to straight to the steps tab.
Another possible neat add one is to have steps within steps within steps, sounds crazy but think about it..... you have your master step, substep1 maybe has the movers doing a movement pattern/color and sub step 2 using another set of movers doing a different thing. since they all fall under the master step, its like building macros. A thought, not something solid.

I agree with John… sub steps or point ques (ETC) are critical in making micro adjustments and not having to program dozens of scenes to accomplish the same outcome. I mentioned in another post, adding the option of duplicating with command selection or event "Parking Lot" macro scenes to be reused in in a complex scene build. Fore example:

Making a complex scene with movers fading and uplighting areas and dissappearing againg could be grouped into a master step and labeled, then we could copy that master step and edit. This chould save so many hours!

jcaniford wrote:...mentioned prior being able to move fixtures around with different DMX channels to me is a must. Im sure its in the work and if we lose all the pre-made scenes from V6 and have to start fresh so be it! I'd be willing to do that to have that feature.

I 100% agree with John again… This is a must for the future. Lighitng is changing fast and dropping in price. With cost down, we're chaging fixtures fast.

jcaniford wrote:I would like to get a better understanding if you could on the hold up with Apple computers and using their mic for sound active? so many other programs use the built in apple. I read somewhere that it was because you'd need a developer account with apple, i will gladly donate to pay for that.
is there a list anywhere of new features?

Yes, Yes, Yes… I know Apple is a stickler about how to program for it's hardware but most of us who run very successful companies exclusively use Apple because they are incredibly stable.

I too would be more than willing to pay for an upgrade if the cost is the issue.
DJMichaelk

Return to General software