Feedback V7 :D

post here general topics for software

Re: Feedback V7 :D

Postby Pink LD » 14 April 2014, 17:17

As much as I have seen it requested that programming follow a fixture if it is readdressed, I think Support has said this is a rather complex project to make happen.
Not that I don't want the feature, every time I add, delete, or move a fixture I have to go through literally hundreds of scenes to include the change.
But, if Support develops this and makes it a feature for programming to follow a fixture? I would want the ability for the programming to follow across universes. Part of the reason I sometimes use multiple universes is just because I have so many fixtures.
Another reason I would want it fixture programming to follow cross-universe is because of upgrades. When I upgrade fixtures, I am often replacing what a previous fixtures did. So I have assigned new fixtures in a higher universe so I can see what the old fixtures are doing and programme the new fixtures accordingly. So when that is done, I then delete the old scenes and fixtures, address new fixtures where I want them and then do a lot of copy and paste from the higher universe. And when that is done? I have to go back and delete the scenes I programmed from the higher universe, any Live buttons I made of them, and the delete the fixtures themselves.
If the programming of fixtures followed the fixture cross universe? Then after I have built the new fixtures programming and deleted everything relevant to the old fixtures, I could just reassign the new fixtures where I want them.
Last edited by Pink LD on 14 April 2014, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Pink LD

Postby support » 14 April 2014, 17:23

When there will be a stable version of V7, we will start thinking again of new improvements.

So far, i our side, we can not fix the touchscreen driver issue.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby eedetail » 14 April 2014, 20:20

Sound Storms Ent: Take a look at the DMX MIDI Patch window, it will do what you are asking.
CLick the DMX Output tab, Select Channel 1 to output to channel 10,. 2 to 11, 3 to 12, etc.

I have had to use the feature two occasions, showtime when a (cheap import) fixture quit responding to the dmx address that was set on it, but would respond to a lower address. Note that you have to find a blank range of address' to use.

Pink, I understand why you wouldnt use this feature, as I dont either when replacing fixtures with new and improved. I would also support programming to follow fixtures when they are re-addressed.
But, this will work in a pinch.
TimE
eedetail

Postby Pink LD » 14 April 2014, 20:27

Yes, I have soft-patched as a work around in a pinch. But I'd still prefer to have programming to follow fixtures in the long run. If anything? We are always putting more fixtures in the rig and it is nice to have common fixtures sequential addressing whenever possible. Which means during additions and upgrades it is worthwhile to be able to move fixtures around in their addressing.
Pink LD

Previous

Return to General software